Windows 10: All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application

Discus and support All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my word document have suddenly became ReadALoud Application and I could not convert it back to word document. When I tried to send out the files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by benjaminshoo, Apr 11, 2020.

1. All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application

All my word document have suddenly became ReadALoud Application and I could not convert it back to word document.

When I tried to send out the files, it is not in .doc instead, It was .lnk

is it some kind of virus?

help please

:)

benjaminshoo, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    word isn't opening correctly

Hi Shelli,

There is a possibility that this is due to recent changes in the document or in the Word application itself. To properly isolate this issue, kindly verify the following:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Word application are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?
    • Have you tried starting the Word application in safe mode?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Apr 11, 2020
  4. All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application

.Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application

1. All my computer word document has suddenly changed to ReadALoud application - Similar Threads - computer word document

2. My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...: My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and letters etc. I need help to change back to what it was and seek advice. It surely has to be in settings....
  3. My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and...: My laptop has changed all my saved documents and all documents downloaded into symbols and letters etc. I need help to change back to what it was and seek advice. It surely has to be in settings....
  4. Documents folder and all contents suddenly disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder and all contents suddenly disappeared from my computer: I went to open a document Wednesday morning and discovered the Documents folder and all contents were gone from my computer. I tried to go in to MS Word to open one of my documents and it says "Sorry we couldn't find C:\Users\My HP\Documents . . ...." . The Restore points are...
  5. Documents folder and all contents suddenly disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and all contents suddenly disappeared from my computer: I went to open a document Wednesday morning and discovered the Documents folder and all contents were gone from my computer. I tried to go in to MS Word to open one of my documents and it says "Sorry we couldn't find C:\Users\My HP\Documents . . ...." . The Restore points are...
  6. Documents folder and all contents suddenly disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. All my shortcuts switched to word documents

All my shortcuts switched to word documents: I logged into to my computer yesterday and noticed all of my shortcuts are now word documents. The word documents all contain a string of numbers and letters and that's it. I tried to make another shortcut for a new program and it to shows up as a word document.Almost all of...
  8. Word documents changed to wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word documents changed to wordpad: I just did a system update and now my word documents have been changed to wordpad. Why, on earth did this happen and how do I reverse this without having to change every file independently?...
  9. Lost word document changes

Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...
  10. Computer suddenly has changed on updat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly has changed on updat: Hi my computer on 10 suddenly started doing funny things to do with latest update!! EG no word, all documents in something funny, printer does not work but it does on windows 7 machine, various oher things NOT RIGHT. I am in the process of doing a restore but as it is all...