Windows 10: All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ??

Discus and support All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Like many folks using the Windows 10 Anniversary issue I am running into Windows Update problems. Up to around the 2nd week of September I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 2harts4ever, Sep 30, 2016.

1. All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ??

Hi,

Like many folks using the Windows 10 Anniversary issue I am running into Windows Update problems. Up to around the 2nd week of September I was having no update issues whatsoever. Then along came (1) KB3189866 and it failed; then (2) KB3193494 a few days later and it failed; and the last one (3) KB3194496 failed too! *Shock

I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, Build 14393.105 on an HP All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, using the Edge Browser while utilizing Windows Firewall and Windows Defender as my major security programs.

It seems the only updates which fail during this period are the three listed above -- all Cumulative Updates for Win10, Version 1607 for x64-based systems.

I have run the Windows update tool several times and it finds things needing to be fixed. It says it has fixed them but updates still fail. I have tried the Windows Catalog and tried to manually install the first two but both of these manual attempts failed too. I tried finding the 3rd Cum Update in the Catalog and it said it couldn't be found. I have seriously thought about trying a computer Reset but after reading up on this I get sweaty palms ...lol

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about why all three of these updates have failed.

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Sep 30, 2016
  2. maxg1 Win User

Windows cumulative updates

I have windows 10 version 1607 I have around 60 failed cumulative updates starting around Sept 30th?

maxg1, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Jane Han Win User
    fail to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986)

My computer failed to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3200970) since November 19, 2016 and failed to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632) since Dec. 13, 2016.

From yesterday, January 10, 2017, it failed to install fail to install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986).

Since Nov. 19 2016, every morning, it takes almost two, sometimes three hours to install and fails to install and then start the computer.

I posted this update issue but has not got the resolution yet. please help. thank you.

Jane Han, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ??

@2harts4ever (you must be a lovey-dovey, which is cool....)

Nevertheless.. Forget the previous CU's ... the latest is the one you want ... post an error code.
    The fix-tool is a bit useless, it runs powershell scripts that are out-dated.

Superfly, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Hi Superfly,

I appreciate your response. The error code I am getting on the last failure is: 0x80073712

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 1, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    It's that the existing files cannot be verified - so WU doesn't know how to upgrade those files... you need to run

sfc /scannow

from command line.

Superfly, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Hi Superfly,

I appreciate you sticking with me. I am trying to upload the sfc /scannow results I just ran utilizing the Admin Command Line you suggested. The file is 3.58 mbs so I am trying to zip it to put it on this response.

I think it worked because I see it listed as an attachment below. Let me know if it tells you anything that my 74-year-old mind might be able to do to correct my update problems.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 1, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Hello 2Hearts

I'm no expert at interpreting these reports, however, from what I can see, it seems it fixed a few files (it found a few mis-matched hashed files and repaired them...) - the cumulative update should install fine now.

Best of luck *Wink

Superfly, Oct 1, 2016
  9. Good morning Superfly,

Thanks for taking a look at the scan results.

I tried installing KB3194496 (last one listed) a few minutes ago via the normal Windows Update and it failed (same error number). I tried to search for it via the Microsoft Update Catalog so I could try to install it manually but the Catalog couldn't even find it.

I do appreciate your time and effort and I will keep searching for a solution.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 1, 2016
  10. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Oct 1, 2016
  11. Hi Superfly,

I just downloaded the .cab file. I am now reading up on how you install a .cab file from the Command line. If it doesn't sound that involved I might give it a try.

If you know of any good links telling how to install a .can file feel free to pass it on to me.

Do you think it is even worth trying since it has failed so much via Windows Update?

I still don't understand why it is NOT listed in the Windows Catalog as the previous two Cumulative Updates were listed?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 1, 2016
  12. Superfly Win User
    Sorry for being so late... I was pre-occupied...was hoping others would help as well... TBH.

...but yes it is worth a try.

I, also have no idea why an .msu was not upped to the catalog but anyway...

I do not like the way WU does things so always install from a CU.

How to Install .CAB Hotfix or Update with DISM - Tech Journey

Superfly, Oct 5, 2016
  13. All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ??

Hi Superfly,

I appreciate your follow-up. I went and played around with trying to load the .cab file but fell on my face.

So for now I am just going to sit back and hope for a fix from Microsoft.

Rest assured all your effort was not in vain. I didn't solve my update problem but I did learn a lot.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 5, 2016
  14. Hi everyone,

I have one more thought I would like to throw out on the failure of my computer to allow any Cumulative Updates since KB3176938 was successfully installed on Sept. 1.

I 'googled' this particular KB and discovered it had caused more than one problem with other users too.

What are the chances that when it was installed on my computer that it messed up some setting which now doesn't allow me to install any other Cumulative Updates? If I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it would it be possible it could correct anything that might have happened when it was originally installed on my computer and enable me to install the current Cumulative update (KB3193494) and the two previous ones which have been failing for the last several days?

Even if this procedure didn't work would uninstalling and then reinstalling KB3176938 mess up my settings more than they are right now?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 10, 2016
  15. Bree New Member
    If you uninstall it, then you only need to install one cumulative update - the latest one. Cumulative updates (by definition) contain all previous updates.

Thema:

1. All my Cumulative 1607 updates have failed since Sept. 13 ?? - Similar Threads - Cumulative 1607 updates

2. Cumulative update 13 July 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative update 13 July 2022: Two of my printers stopped working, had to use System Restore to get them working. I suppose I will be pestered to do the update again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-13-july-2022/67589f79-c7d2-42fd-80ab-04e0e5b62c20
  3. Cumulative update 13 July 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative update 13 July 2022: Two of my printers stopped working, had to use System Restore to get them working. I suppose I will be pestered to do the update again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-13-july-2022/67589f79-c7d2-42fd-80ab-04e0e5b62c20
  4. All Cumulative Updates Fail With Code 0x8007045d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Cumulative Updates Fail With Code 0x8007045d: Hello, I've been experiencing an odd issue while using my computer. My windows version is up-to-date and most updates can be installed successfully except for the cumulative releases. They all seem to freeze once they reach 100% and then display the error 0x8007045d. I...
  5. All Cumulative Updates Fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Cumulative Updates Fail: I posted a question today: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-home-update-failure-again-manually/be29469f-bd9d-4a6c-9b70-559f3beaf817?tm=1558290027522 And Andre's suggestion partially solved my problem. I was able to install the...
  6. 1607 Feature Update failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 Feature Update failed: After getting my new laptop a couple months ago, I decided not to do do Windows Updates for fear of encountering the problems of the Anniversary Update that were reported. Now I heard that a fix was finally included and decided to go ahead and allow my computer to update. It...
  7. All update attempts have failed since Version 1607 was installed

All update attempts have failed since Version 1607 was installed: On one of my machines Windows has failed to install any updates since Version 1607 was installed back in March. The messages I am getting from Windows are confused and contradictory. Sometimes it says there are updates to install. Sometimes it says that there aren't....
  8. cumulative update 1607 error report

cumulative update 1607 error report: I tried two times to update, but without any success (many updates before passed without a problem). At the end PC reported that there is a problem and showed for a short time a blue window with the error code and a link to a support. But time was too short to note it and I...
  9. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 Failed

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 Failed: Now I go to updates and I get this Error can any one help please Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176495) - Error 0x80070015 59621
  10. Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update: Just did the 1607 update on my HP laptop with Win10 originally installed. Since the update every site I visited using Chrome browser would display grey boxes of varying sizes in different places on the site that would slow loading and eventually fill in with text or images....