Windows 10: all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

Discus and support all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BARNEYWARREN, Jan 5, 2021.

1. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

all my desktop icons have disappeared. help me get them back

:)

BARNEYWARREN, Jan 5, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Jan 5, 2021
  4. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os?

1. all my desktop icons have disappeared. how do i get them back i have windows 10 os? - Similar Threads - desktop icons disappeared

2. task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back: My taskbar icons have disappeared from my desktop PC as of the 14 April update. I have never had this issue until now and many of the fixes I have found in the forums and online are not working. I also do not have my clock. I have restarted the windows explorer process...
  3. task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar icons have disappeared from my desktop and I cannot get them back: My taskbar icons have disappeared from my desktop PC as of the 14 April update. I have never had this issue until now and many of the fixes I have found in the forums and online are not working. I also do not have my clock. I have restarted the windows explorer process...
  4. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?: I am running windows 10 version 4 When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have disappeared. How do i get them back on the desktop. I cannot remember everything that was on there, but I do know my excel and word...
  5. how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?

how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?: icons on the bottom have disappeared and I would like to get them back as this task view option is waste of time. and the icons work better and more efficiently....
  6. All my desktop icons have gone very large. How do I resize them

All my desktop icons have gone very large. How do I resize them: For some reason all my desktop icons have gone very large and mover into rows on the desktop. How do I resize them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-have-gone-very-large-how-do-i/1de913df-01bd-4f39-9935-27912fa94e65
  7. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  8. Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?

Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?: Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get-them/e90d337e-33ca-4209-b434-a1af9d0c94ef
  9. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...
  10. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...