Windows 10: ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

Discus and support ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I turned on my laptop and it began a download of Microsoft Edge, which I didn't agree to, nor do I want. If that isn't bad enough, ALL my Documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EJFaulk, Sep 17, 2020.

1. EJFaulk Win User

ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

I turned on my laptop and it began a download of Microsoft Edge, which I didn't agree to, nor do I want.

If that isn't bad enough, ALL my Documents, Downloads, and Pictures are gone. I've spent 2 hours searching, and they are nowhere. I can't even restore to an earlier date because the Edge download wiped out all of the restore dates, even when I went back to an earlier version of Windows.

I NEED MY DOCUMENTS, DOWNLOADS, AND PICTURES! Can someone tell me how I can restore them -- ASAP???

:)

EJFaulk, Sep 17, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 17, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

1. ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared - Similar Threads - Documents Downloads Pictures

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. Documents, pictures, files all disappeared overnight on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents, pictures, files all disappeared overnight on my Windows 10 PC: Sometime between Friday afternoon, May 12 and Saturday afternoon, May 13, perhaps during a Microsoft update?, all of my files -- documents, pictures, download, recycle bin, everything -- disappeared.Toolbars, favorites, etc., all gone.This apparent update also took away...
  5. Documents, pictures, files all disappeared overnight on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents, pictures, files all disappeared overnight on my Windows 10 PC: Sometime between Friday afternoon, May 12 and Saturday afternoon, May 13, perhaps during a Microsoft update?, all of my files -- documents, pictures, download, recycle bin, everything -- disappeared.Toolbars, favorites, etc., all gone.This apparent update also took away...
  6. Documents, pictures, files all disappeared overnight on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. All music, pictures and documents have disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All music, pictures and documents have disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi I seem to have lost all my files after what appears to have been an automatic update. I have attempted to revert to an older version of windows, however, it is claimed that it was installed on 2020/11/14 which is over the 10 day limited; and yet all my programs and...
  8. All content of My documents Pictures Music and Videos just disappeared.

All content of My documents Pictures Music and Videos just disappeared.: It just happened. Not even after updates. The same problem people have been having for years as I read forums. No solution that would work for me. Boy what an unreliable windows. What do I do? And yes I tried Hidden files....
  9. Documents and pictures have disappeared

Documents and pictures have disappeared: I have an HP Pavilion laptop. The last update on 22 Dec 2018 says "Windows 10, version 1803." All of my documents and pictures have disappeared! What has happened and where do I find them?? Luckily I backed up to an external drive in November so most of my stuff should be...
  10. My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder

My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder: I seem to have duplication of folders. Under "This PC" I have a normal looking folder structure and clicking on those folders takes me to the appropriate files. For example: "This PC > Documents" has "Acrobat, Adobe, and AirDroid" as the first three folders. If i navigate to...