Windows 10: all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

Discus and support all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterstill1, Sep 8, 2019.

1. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

All my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

:)

peterstill1, Sep 8, 2019
  2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Sep 8, 2019
  3. oops virus

Okay we've had our fun, time to be helpful. Please post a screenshot of ctrl-alt-delete (aka task manager) with all the running tasks listed. From there, we can isolate what your virus is. And other then that, yes, download Avast, run the boot time scan, and press "delete all" when it finds the culprit *Smile all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus :).

zekrahminator, Sep 8, 2019
  4. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

Hi Greg,

I've tried installing the items you suggested and once again couldn't due to it being "a virus". I can't even download/install the removal tool or update Windows 10. This is my personal computer and I've used it only for school, I haven't downloaded anything
    abnormal. My confusion is "why now?" I've had this computer for a year and a half.

I've tried to delete the McAfee WebAdvisor with no such luck. I need the removal tool, which whatever is causing my computer to reject the installation, is denying the download.

I do appreciate your help though!

SarahWilliams1104, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

1. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus - Similar Threads - downloads are being

2. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus: I have a file which i cant delete that i recently downloaded a pic is provided. I cant use admin command promt command del /f on it or anything else what do i do?...
  3. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus: I have a file which i cant delete that i recently downloaded a pic is provided. I cant use admin command promt command del /f on it or anything else what do i do?...
  4. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  6. All my saved passwords are being deleted

All my saved passwords are being deleted: I recently received a Windows 10 update. Now anytime my computer restarts all my saved passwords are being deleted for all my web browsers are being deleted. It's a home PC, no other users. Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 How can I stop this from...
  7. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  8. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national pharmacy, a .pdf file from an insurance company, etc. The problem occurs whether I'm using Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I...
  9. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted: All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I...
  10. Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted": Hi all, Very recently my computer started to not accept downloads. It's VERY frustrating because this has never happened before. It's affecting my school since I can't download certain assignments and I can't even download Norton Security. I've attempted downloading from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloads being deleted

2. all downloads are being deleted

3. download was deleted due to virus windows