Windows 10: All my drives are System Reserved i think

Discus and support All my drives are System Reserved i think in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Im trying to mod my games, but somehow i cant.First, i didnt know why. Eventually i realized, that all my drives have system Files on them. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YassinElsheikh, Jun 16, 2020.

1. All my drives are System Reserved i think

Hello,

Im trying to mod my games, but somehow i cant.First, i didnt know why. Eventually i realized, that all my drives have system Files on them. Is that the reason i cant mod the games? i heard, that games in system files are unmoddable.

I hope someone can help me with this one. I have no clue how i can fix this. All my drives are System Reserved i think [​IMG]

:)

YassinElsheikh, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Alan B Win User

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed - we could update the system reserved partition"

I think you mean "could not update", not "could".

Suggestions:

• Disconnect any other hard drives.
    • Run chkdsk /f on the System Reserved partition. You'll have to do this from the CMD prompt in Repair Mode.
    • Initially there were reports of some System Reserved partitions being too small for the upgrade. Search for details if the first two suggestions fail.

Alan B, Jun 16, 2020
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Jun 16, 2020
  4. All my drives are System Reserved i think

System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

All my drives are System Reserved i think

1. All my drives are System Reserved i think - Similar Threads - drives are System

2. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access system reserved drive: I have checked if I can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling Hidden items? I can't see any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-drive/22bd3816-6d08-4e86-a422-cd8a5476c57f
  3. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access system reserved drive: I have checked if I can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling Hidden items? I can't see any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-drive/22bd3816-6d08-4e86-a422-cd8a5476c57f
  4. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  6. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  7. System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System reserved on the same drive as my HDD ???: Started doing some cleaning and guttering of the system today and found that my HDD which is just used for mass junk storage like movies, Shadowplay recordings etc etc has 2 drive letters assigned to it.. And thought thats weird. then looked in dis management and seen that it...
  8. System reserved partition on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System reserved partition on secondary drive: I have two drives, a SSD and HDD. I just did a fresh install of Win10 on my SSD. For some reason, the system reserved partition wound up on my HDD instead. I did some Googling and it sounds like the best practice is to disconnect secondary drives before installing, which I...
  9. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume in drive C is reserved by system: I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system". I can access drive D very easily. Any suggestions how I may access it?...
  10. System Reserved partition is on my data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved partition is on my data drive: I'm trying to do a disk image backup of the C: drive. However, since my system reserved partition is on my data drive (D:) it backs up my entire 1TB data drive. I know that generally the system reserved partition is a separate partition of less than 200MB, but somehow on my...