Windows 10: All my files and videos disappeared

Discus and support All my files and videos disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My computer automaticaly uppdated Windows 10 this week the result was that all the files from my documents and all the files from videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElimTrelleborg, Jun 27, 2020.

1. All my files and videos disappeared

Hi,

My computer automaticaly uppdated Windows 10 this week the result was that all the files from my documents and all the files from videos disappeared.The only folders and the files that were not removed were the pictures and the music. I followed all the methods you suggested in searching for the missing files but to no avail. The last thing I did was to restore to an earlier point. After doing that I noticed that I got back most of the folders as they were before,BUT they were empty or it contained some templets but the file themselves were not there. I also noticed that the storage on my local disk C: was cleaned, that is to say that I have now much more storage available on it than before.

How can I get back my very important and valuables files and documents ?

Another problem I noticed now is that I can't open Google Chrome.

Please help. Thanks

Michael

:)

ElimTrelleborg, Jun 27, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jun 27, 2020
  3. looping75 Win User
    Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up.

I found "View Downloads-Internet Explorer" page and many are, not sure all, are listed there in rows.

When I try to "open" one on the list I get a message, "This file might have been moved or deleted."

Several days ago my computer was "updated."

Can someone help me locate my pictures?

Thanks so much

looping75, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

All my files and videos disappeared

lost all my video recordings

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.

• Files are hidden.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to select the search box on the taskbar and search for your files. If you still don’t see them, and you’re not logged in to a temporary profile, use the troubleshooter to fix problems with Search.

• Click on the search box on the taskbar, then enter
      indexing and select
      Indexing Options.

• Select the Advanced button to view more options, then select the
      Troubleshoot search and indexing link and follow the steps.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    try the following steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, enter Show hidden files and folders. Under
      Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Then try searching again.

• Look for all of your files of a certain type. For instance, for Word documents, search for
      *.doc. For your music, search for *.mp3.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

All my files and videos disappeared

1. All my files and videos disappeared - Similar Threads - files videos disappeared

2. All my files have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files have disappeared!: I upgraded to Microsoft 365 Business Premium on Windows 11, and somewhere along the lines all my files have disappeared! Some folders remain also with folders inside but all the files are gone! They're not in the Cloud, I have not deleted or moved them, and by default I...
  3. All my files have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files have disappeared!: I upgraded to Microsoft 365 Business Premium on Windows 11, and somewhere along the lines all my files have disappeared! Some folders remain also with folders inside but all the files are gone! They're not in the Cloud, I have not deleted or moved them, and by default I...
  4. All my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files have disappeared: I turned on my computer, Windows 11 and all of my folders/files are gone. I've tried unhiding everything, checking in my user folder, check my recycling bin etc. Basically all the fixes on every forum I could find. I only have the one user account that I use on my laptop....
  5. All my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files have disappeared: I turned on my computer, Windows 11 and all of my folders/files are gone. I've tried unhiding everything, checking in my user folder, check my recycling bin etc. Basically all the fixes on every forum I could find. I only have the one user account that I use on my laptop....
  6. All my pics and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my pics and videos disappeared: I don't know the specific date but some time between July 20th and 28th they all disappeared. I haven't deleted anything myself so I don't know what could have happened. This only thing of note that happened in that time period was a display driver update and the KB5003537...
  7. My videos disappeared!

My videos disappeared!: I have my photos and videos combined in folders arranged by date. I moved all of these folders from "Documents" over to "Pictures" and sometime between when I did that and now I lost the ability to see my videos. I don't think they're gone but I just can't see them. I already...
  8. All my files have disappeared

All my files have disappeared: I turned on my PC this evening and all my saved files and backups have disappeared. Also apps that I have installed have disappeared too. And apps that I have uninstalled have been re - installed. Can someone please tell me how to fix this or what has happened Thank you...
  9. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....
  10. All files disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All files disappear: All files disappear after a restart. All files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-disappear/e474f5da-42c6-4fd7-ba1d-38d1ace38bf4