Windows 10: all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449)

Discus and support all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; plus i am logged out of everything (google,microsoft and all my bookmarks and all my bookmarks and history are gone too) please help i have exams... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nite_19, Dec 13, 2020.

1. all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449)

plus i am logged out of everything (google,microsoft and all my bookmarks and all my bookmarks and history are gone too) please help i have exams tomorrow my wall paper has reset too i tried uninstalling the update nut still doesn’t work please help even i restarted my laptop multiple times still doesn’t work omg please help i really have to study for my exams tomorrow i can’t even open any of the apps installed

submitted by /u/nite_19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nite_19, Dec 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 13, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449)

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449)

1. all my files are gone after the latest windows update(KB4592449) - Similar Threads - files are gone

2. My audio is gone after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is gone after latest windows update.: Under audio devices I can see No audio devices is installed. Under drivers i cannot find the realtek drivers. I tried to troubleshoot but it did not resolve the issue. Please assist....
  3. My audio is gone after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is gone after latest windows update.: Under audio devices I can see No audio devices is installed. Under drivers i cannot find the realtek drivers. I tried to troubleshoot but it did not resolve the issue. Please assist....
  4. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  5. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10: In past years, the Windows keeps asking update, I might select update at night whenever. One morning this August 2022 my computer cannot start and it took forever to update and I could not use this computer. Tried two days and I had to reinstall Windows 10 update history show...
  6. PANIC, ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. All my files are gone after windows update KB5001679

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone after windows update KB5001679: All my files are gone after updating windows KB5001679 and everything went to the default, also my background is changed to the default windows background....
  8. 8 Dec 2020 windows 10 update KB4592449

8 Dec 2020 windows 10 update KB4592449: Hi. Two days ago win10 update KB4592449 installed on hp G72 laptop which is now damaged beyond repair as a result of the update. First, all the installed apps disappeared, desktop changed beyond recognition and system slowed so much after each request, I made tea while I...
  9. After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.: I'm really NOT impressed. The latest forced Windows 10 update seems to have deleted ALL of my sticky notes except for one unimportant one. Is there a way to get them back please? Or are they just gone forever. I had a lot of very important notes on there... what on earth is...
  10. All my files are gone. (System Update)

All my files are gone. (System Update): So I left my laptop to update my System as it says System update , so it finally finished and there I only one account in my sign - in bar thing. My other account was all my stuff for school and now its missing, it also removed administrator from my laptop, I cannot access...
Tags: