Windows 10: All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

Discus and support All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my windows full of documents and photos then i went to sleep 10april 2020 now then i woke up 11 april 2020 i put laptop on. i saw all my photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ursula 2019, Apr 11, 2020.

1. All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

I had my windows full of documents and photos then i went to sleep 10april 2020 now then i woke up 11 april 2020 i put laptop on.

i saw all my photos and documents are gone all internet explorers and apps i had installed are gone by over nogth . I know i didnt do anything .

and the windows is still windows 10 but looks bit diffrent even the windows desktop pic is diffrent . All in my c drive os gone . Only thing is same that i still have my new printer settings and i still have two users in my latop .

:)

Ursula 2019, Apr 11, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 11, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight

1. All my files are gone and windows have reinstalled from overnight - Similar Threads - files are gone

2. Where have been all the files from c:\windows gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where have been all the files from c:\windows gone?: HelloI am using Windows 10. Yesterday, I rebooted my laptop after replacing the battery. After that MS Win has not been working any more.I ran Windows diagnostics but startup repair outlines" Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC"I also ran chkdsk etc. but no error has been...
  3. Where have been all the files from c:\windows gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where have been all the files from c:\windows gone?: HelloI am using Windows 10. Yesterday, I rebooted my laptop after replacing the battery. After that MS Win has not been working any more.I ran Windows diagnostics but startup repair outlines" Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC"I also ran chkdsk etc. but no error has been...
  4. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.: Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my homework I'm in high school and I noticed all my files and everything was gone. It was like it was when i first opened the...
  5. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.: Hello, hope you were having a good day so far. I'm hear to ask how to fix this problem i seem to have with my computer. Last Friday i started on my homework I'm in high school and I noticed all my files and everything was gone. It was like it was when i first opened the...
  6. My computer wiped clean overnight for no reason. All files, everything gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot update and desktop apps have all gone literally overnight!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot update and desktop apps have all gone literally overnight!: All my desktop apps/icons have disappeared; when I attempt to go into an app from task bar it vanishes; when I attempt to go into an app from start it says "you need a new app to go into this windows defender link"; I cannot update windows or turn on firewall/security...
  8. All of my 'AppStoreManifest.xml' files have gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of my 'AppStoreManifest.xml' files have gone: This problem started after I couldn't install any apps on the Microsoft store, with repeated errors. I then slowly lost functionality on my PC; First, none of the built-in apps would launch, and then no microsoft store apps would work, and now the searchbox on my taskbar wont...
  9. All files gone - windows update overnight

All files gone - windows update overnight: Woke up this morning to find all our laptops had been updated by windows overnight, and all our files were gone?!?! After a heartstopping moment, and some intense searching, I've found them all under C:/users, but they are still not showing up under My Documents, My...
  10. All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!

All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!: So earlier this week my laptop decided it would create me a temporary account when I logged on. I thought I had resolved this by following a tutorial which directed me to go into the command, identify my sin number and then go through redigit to correct the path and delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are all my files and photos