Windows 10: All my files are now read only after the new update

Discus and support All my files are now read only after the new update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, The other day my computer updated to the latest version of windows. Then I tried to open some of my images and other files and they are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by memyselfandi_3, Feb 15, 2021.

1. All my files are now read only after the new update

Hello,

The other day my computer updated to the latest version of windows. Then I tried to open some of my images and other files and they are all read-only so I can't do anything. I tried to change them to not be read-only but that didn't change anything. I tried looking it up and that didn't help since everything I looked at was old and stuff. How will I be able to fix this? Is it something to do with the permissions or something like that?

Please Help,

A Happy Customer

P.S I didn't want to mess with any of the permissions yet in case I ruin something

:)

memyselfandi_3, Feb 15, 2021
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 15, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Feb 15, 2021
  4. All my files are now read only after the new update

Problem with 4500MHD to read Sony .mts files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which player are you using?
    • Did you try to play the same video's using different player?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install all the Windows updates including optional updates and check if it works.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to update the video driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Expand display adapter and right click on installed driver and click on update.
    Step 3:
    If doesn't work, I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

All my files are now read only after the new update

1. All my files are now read only after the new update - Similar Threads - files are read

2. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  3. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  4. Windows took my all files to read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows took my all files to read only.: Windows took all my files to read-only. This is why all people use APPLE MAC OS. Because Macos is an operating system but windows is a lousy joke. This is not a question this is an offer Het Microsoft to pay all customers back and shut down your **** business....
  5. Windows took my all files to read only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows took my all files to read only.: Windows took all my files to read-only. This is why all people use APPLE MAC OS. Because Macos is an operating system but windows is a lousy joke. This is not a question this is an offer Het Microsoft to pay all customers back and shut down your **** business....
  6. All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting

in Windows 10 Support
    All files set to read only after latest update and keep reverting: Hello all I have a frustrating problem after the latest update to windows 10. All my files are now set to read only and whenever I try to change them to non read only they automatically revert to read only. I tried changing my permissions to full control but that did not...
  7. All my files are stuck on read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are stuck on read-only: There is no way for me to change the attribute of my files that are in read-only mode. Here's the kicker: It was working absolutely fine, I changed absolutely nothing at all, and the next day I log in and all the files are locked. I am the admin in my computer, and also the...
  8. After windows update - All drives are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    After windows update - All drives are read only: I don't know how my computer is even running correctly, but every time I try to create a new folder, etc, it is read only. I have tried to change permissions but it isn't working. Is there some tool that just resets drive permissions to the way they are supposed to be?...
  9. Windows 10 has just upgraded and all my files are now read only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has just upgraded and all my files are now read only: I hvae looked at the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-is-write-protected/aff97eae-a941-4807-8205-6caea7aea58a?rtAction=1569697148377&tm=1569697451119 and tried all the options listed there but noting has changed. I still not have full access...
  10. all my files are read only and can't be changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my files are read only and can't be changed: All of my files have become read only files and I can no longer right to them regardless of what I do to change them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-are-read-only-and-cant-be-changed/00b2e9c1-b282-4ac5-a4b2-11d560d2243d"