Windows 10: all my files are read only and can't be changed

Discus and support all my files are read only and can't be changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my files have become read only files and I can no longer right to them regardless of what I do to change them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeraldHosier, Feb 24, 2019.

1. all my files are read only and can't be changed

All of my files have become read only files and I can no longer right to them regardless of what I do to change them.

:)

GeraldHosier, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

all my files are read only and can't be changed

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

all my files are read only and can't be changed

1. all my files are read only and can't be changed - Similar Threads - files are read

2. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  3. All my files are set to read only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files are set to read only.: All my files are read only and when i turn it off it just turns back on i have tried a variety of things to no avail i dont have any anti-viruses blocking it and to my knowledge i dont have any apps that are malicous can someone please help me :...
  4. Windows took my all files to read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows took my all files to read only.: Windows took all my files to read-only. This is why all people use APPLE MAC OS. Because Macos is an operating system but windows is a lousy joke. This is not a question this is an offer Het Microsoft to pay all customers back and shut down your **** business....
  5. Windows took my all files to read only.

Windows took my all files to read only.: Windows took all my files to read-only. This is why all people use APPLE MAC OS. Because Macos is an operating system but windows is a lousy joke. This is not a question this is an offer Het Microsoft to pay all customers back and shut down your **** business....
  6. Can't change file permissions file set to read only cant't change this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change file permissions file set to read only cant't change this.: I can't change the file that the game Terraria uses for saving data. by that I mean something is blocking the write property of the files that store the world and player save data. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned by the error message that comes up whenever I try to...
  7. Can't change file permissions file set to read only cant't change this.

Can't change file permissions file set to read only cant't change this.: I can't change the file that the game Terraria uses for saving data. by that I mean something is blocking the write property of the files that store the world and player save data. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned by the error message that comes up whenever I try to...
  8. All my files are stuck on read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are stuck on read-only: There is no way for me to change the attribute of my files that are in read-only mode. Here's the kicker: It was working absolutely fine, I changed absolutely nothing at all, and the next day I log in and all the files are locked. I am the admin in my computer, and also the...
  9. Can't change a file to read only

Can't change a file to read only: Hi, I was trying to set a file to read only but I keep getting an access is denied message, I've looked online for solutions but can't seem to find one that works. [ATTACH] This is the message I keep receiving, my account is set to administrator so not really sure what to...
  10. How to change read only for all files?

How to change read only for all files?: So many of my files, including images, are Read Only and I can't bulk delete duplicates. I have tried some suggestions in this community and they either don't work, screwed things up or the instructions just are not as I see on my computer. Is there a simple way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my files have became read only

2. all my files are read only

3. files cant be changed from read only

4. windows all folders suddenly become read only and cant be changed,
  5. files are read only and cant be changed?