Windows 10: All My Files on desktop are gone

Discus and support All My Files on desktop are gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlvinF1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. AlvinF1 Win User

All My Files on desktop are gone

I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing

:)

AlvinF1, Sep 9, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Desktop is gone

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1

Step: 1 Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Step: 2 Click File > Run New Task

Step: 3 Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Step: 4 Type PowerShell

Step: 5 Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Step: 6 Close the PowerShell window

Step: 7 Reboot

Method 2:

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. All My Files on desktop are gone - Similar Threads - Files desktop are

2. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  3. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  4. All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File: Hello all, I recently downloaded a file, and after a failed download, I decided to delete it, and try again. When clicking on the uninstall file that appeared after downloading, my entire desktop disappeared. The files were all gone, the apps that were located in on the...
  5. All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Desktop Files Gone After Uninstalling File: Hello all, I recently downloaded a file, and after a failed download, I decided to delete it, and try again. When clicking on the uninstall file that appeared after downloading, my entire desktop disappeared. The files were all gone, the apps that were located in on the...
  6. All my files are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  7. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  8. all my folders on my desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my folders on my desktop are gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucioco000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke82na/all_my_folders_on_my_desktop_are_gone/
  9. Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.: Hi everyone. Please help- I updated my Windows 10 and after multiple restarts the files that were on my desktop are gone. I’ve followed the normal: Look under users for the missing folders & System rollback but they are still gone. The frustrating part is if I go to file...
  10. All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.

All files and folders on desktop suddenly gone.: I was playing Hearthstone on my laptop and then I exited the game and after I wanted to exit the Battle.net app. When I right click > exit on the app in the icon tray suddenly all of my icons, files and folders on my desktop completely disappeared. The only icons still...