Windows 10: All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.

Discus and support All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomKooy1, Aug 25, 2020.

1. TomKooy1 Win User

All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.

:)

TomKooy1, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    JPG files from phone show incorrect file size (18GB) although size on disk shows (4KB).

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see incorrect file size for JPG files on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• How were the files imported on the computer?
    • Does the file show as compressed (blue file name)?
    • Are you able to re-import the files?
    • Are the folders connected to OneDrive?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the JPG files and select Properties.
    2. Under General tab, click on
      Advanced
    3. Check if the option for compress is checked or unchecked.
    4. Toggle the option and click on OK and check if there is any difference.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 25, 2020
  4. All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size. - Similar Threads - files show 237gb

2. Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...: Is manually partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to manually partition a SSD at all? Or should I just let windows automatically partition only the ones that are needed?...
  3. Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...: Is manually partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to manually partition a SSD at all? Or should I just let windows automatically partition only the ones that are needed?...
  4. Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD...: Is partitioning a SSD of 237gb size worth it? Is there any real benefit to partition a SSD at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-partitioning-a-ssd-of-237gb-size-worth-it-is/fd6ca1da-6946-4235-b233-1e34fe20ba0d
  5. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  6. Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all items on the desktop shows up in file explorer: How do I get file explorer, when I select the desktop, to show what all is on the desktop, not just those items in my user id desktop folder? Nothing shows up from 'All Users' as it does on the desktop itself....
  7. All my files showing up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my files showing up on my desktop: Hi Hi,For somereason every file on my D drive appears on my desktop Please Help submitted by /u/Antique_Advisor7426 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jimlnt/all_my_files_showing_up_on_my_desktop/
  8. All my desktop icons are not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my desktop icons are not showing up: there is a white bar in the top left corner of the screen and when i right click on the desktop no menu shows up how can I fix this submitted by /u/Ro807Pan6a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izl8o8/all_my_desktop_icons_are_not_showing_up/
  9. All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size: All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-show-up-with-237gb-independant-of/a5f4e7d9-0aae-4884-89b4-e1701812879e
  10. independent adviser we all are

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    independent adviser we all are: hi windows fam why name your self independent adviser we all are one , we all use microsoft products we all are tech smart in someway thanks : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/independent-adviser-we-all-are/0b252305-6f27-4059-8d08-12f955c1a671