Windows 10: All my files showing up on my desktop

Discus and support All my files showing up on my desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Hi,For somereason every file on my D drive appears on my desktop Please Help submitted by /u/Antique_Advisor7426 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Antique_Advisor7426, Oct 26, 2020.

1. All my files showing up on my desktop

/u/Antique_Advisor7426, Oct 26, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 26, 2020
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Oct 26, 2020
  4. All my files showing up on my desktop

File listed on desktop does not show in desktop

A file, "SAVED AS" should show up here:
    All my files showing up on my desktop [​IMG]
    It doesn't.
    This is what I get when I search in "My Computer":
    All my files showing up on my desktop [​IMG]

Ken Lichtsinn, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

All my files showing up on my desktop

1. All my files showing up on my desktop - Similar Threads - files showing desktop

2. All my desktop icons are not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my desktop icons are not showing up: there is a white bar in the top left corner of the screen and when i right click on the desktop no menu shows up how can I fix this submitted by /u/Ro807Pan6a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izl8o8/all_my_desktop_icons_are_not_showing_up/
  3. All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size: All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-show-up-with-237gb-independant-of/a5f4e7d9-0aae-4884-89b4-e1701812879e
  4. All My Files on desktop are gone

All My Files on desktop are gone: I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-on-desktop-are-gone/9d0b4556-4924-47f4-a400-511730cbfb0d
  5. All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.

All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size.: All my files show up with 237gb, independant of their real size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-show-up-with-237gb-independant-of/fe121fce-7fec-4bbc-9a23-2900e17c8a38
  6. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  7. Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.: Hi everyone. Please help- I updated my Windows 10 and after multiple restarts the files that were on my desktop are gone. I’ve followed the normal: Look under users for the missing folders & System rollback but they are still gone. The frustrating part is if I go to file...
  8. Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background: Still learning Windows 10 after reluctantly leaving Windows 7 and I do miss a lot of the features from Windows 7. One of those simple features was is :- " When just powering up the computer, the background screen picture would come up with ALL of my files/Folders and...
  9. All my desktop file and folder disappeared

All my desktop file and folder disappeared: All my desktop file and folder disappeared. Application are there. File name extension and hidden folder view is checked. This was all a sudden after reboot, no update or new application were installed. Rebooted to repair VPN connection....
  10. Not all of my desktop icons show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all of my desktop icons show: I connected by usb to a asus portable screen, for some reason now my desktop icons do not all show. Some do, others do not and the icons are showing the full name instead of an abbreviated name. This means that about 24 icons take up my full screen. I know how to use the view...