Windows 10: All my folders are getting deleted please help.

Discus and support All my folders are getting deleted please help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever i restart my computer it opens it as if it was a new account. I cant remember what update this started in but I know many people have had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OkeminiBello, Apr 10, 2021.

1. All my folders are getting deleted please help.

Whenever i restart my computer it opens it as if it was a new account. I cant remember what update this started in but I know many people have had this problem. I've done some methods like deleting the most recent update file but it didn't work. I don't even care about the old stuff on the computer that much anymore I just don't want a temporary account that'll be wiped whenever I restart the computer.

:)

OkeminiBello, Apr 10, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused All my folders are getting deleted please help. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well All my folders are getting deleted please help. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 10, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 10, 2021
  4. All my folders are getting deleted please help.

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown All my folders are getting deleted please help. :(

lyndonguitar, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

All my folders are getting deleted please help.

1. All my folders are getting deleted please help. - Similar Threads - folders are getting

2. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!: Hi!I wanted to move my screenshots folder from my C: drive to my HDD M: .I went into properties and moved my screenshots to the HDD, however didn't realise that I had to move it to another folder, as it started dumping new screenshots into the bare HDD, not into a folder. So...
  3. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!: Hi!I wanted to move my screenshots folder from my C: drive to my HDD M: .I went into properties and moved my screenshots to the HDD, however didn't realise that I had to move it to another folder, as it started dumping new screenshots into the bare HDD, not into a folder. So...
  4. Lost/deleted Screenshots folder - please help locate!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.

Accidentally deleted the folder and all files gets deleted.: User deleted that folder and all the files gets deleted desktop, documents & pictures bypassing windows recycle bin.Is there a way to recover the files?...
  6. Accidentally deleted the Onedrive folder and all files gets deleted.

Accidentally deleted the Onedrive folder and all files gets deleted.: users files gets deleted. It happens on his personal laptop. User logs in to onedrive using his work account/ email and started to sync desktop, documents & pictures. while syncing, user tries to cancel it by going to onedrive settings and choosing to stop the sync and unlink...
  7. Randomly deleted folder! Please help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly deleted folder! Please help me: So today I woke up and started my pc because I have online school now. I opened a shortcut to a folder where I have most of my data because I put everything I do in there. But a window poped up and said that shortcut didn't lead to a real folder, so I went to the file...
  8. HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows

HELP please - ALL FILES in my user folder were DELETED by Windows: After I restarted my PC today, ALL files in my user folder are deleted, including pictures, videos, documents, desktop, music.... only the empty folder structure remains. The files are not moved to other folders on the C drive, I've looked for them. No new user profile were...
  9. My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!

My Program Folder with all my music is gone! Please help!: My music folder in my C: Drive under my user name/Music/MyiTunes is gone so I can't access all my music that was saved and being used through I Tunes! Why and how could an entire folder just disappear?? There have been Windows pop ups lately that say entry point to I tunes or...
  10. DELETED ALL MY STUFF IN UPDATE - HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELETED ALL MY STUFF IN UPDATE - HELP PLEASE: When I did the update y'all recommended, it deleted almost everything. I need these programs back badly. can't find the discs after recent move. when i go here it will not highlight any of these lines for these programs...