Windows 10: all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?

Discus and support all my icons changed to this how do i change them back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Adamski424 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adamski424, Jun 15, 2020.

1. all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?

/u/Adamski424, Jun 15, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Jun 15, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?

1. all my icons changed to this how do i change them back? - Similar Threads - icons changed change

2. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?: All of my icons on my desktop swapped positions so now they are all in different locations than they were before. Is there any way for me to have them reset to the positions they were in before? I also don't just mean the icons for stuff that comes included with Windows 10,...
  3. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?: All of my icons on my desktop swapped positions so now they are all in different locations than they were before. Is there any way for me to have them reset to the positions they were in before? I also don't just mean the icons for stuff that comes included with Windows 10,...
  4. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I changed my Google Chrome and File Explorer icons and I can't change them back to their...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my Google Chrome and File Explorer icons and I can't change them back to their...: I wanted to change my taskbar icons so they look cool but when I was finished changing them I did not like what it looked like so I tried changing them back but I cant find a way on how to change them back. How do I change them back? Sorry for bad english...
  6. I changed my Google Chrome and File Explorer icons and I can't change them back to their...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my Google Chrome and File Explorer icons and I can't change them back to their...: I wanted to change my taskbar icons so they look cool but when I was finished changing them I did not like what it looked like so I tried changing them back but I cant find a way on how to change them back. How do I change them back? Sorry for bad english...
  7. I changed my Google Chrome and File Explorer icons and I can't change them back to their...

8. How do I change my Icon back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my Icon back to normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koreanmobs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf4gp/how_do_i_change_my_icon_back_to_normal/
  9. I changed my taskbar icons and now I don't know how to change them back to their default...

I changed my taskbar icons and now I don't know how to change them back to their default...: I recently decided I wanted to make my taskbar more aesthetically pleasing, and so I decided to change my taskbar icons. For whatever reason, the icon images I found were displayed very pixelated on the taskbar. Since I did not enjoy the pixelated appearance of my taskbar...
  10. WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?: Hello All! After installing WPS Office - The Most Compatible Free Office Suite - WPS Office - I had various file associations and icons changed. No surprises there. I've manually corrected the file associations to my liking, but still have many "wrong" icons. I wish to...