Windows 10: All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.

Discus and support All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos. Must be an incorrect default setting. How can I disconnect this faulty connection?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thomps492m, May 30, 2023.

1. All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.

All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos. Must be an incorrect default setting. How can I disconnect this faulty connection?

:)

thomps492m, May 30, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Can't get Youtube to show videos in Chrome

Load this checklist video in Edge:
    (I'm assuming you did at least a few of these steps, since you stated you tried other suggestions earlier)

Go through the list of suggestions here to try to repair YouTube for Chrome...

pepanee, May 30, 2023
  3. Nisko Win User
    Can't get Youtube to show videos in Chrome

I haven't gotteen to this suggestion yet - but, I've shut down half my Extensions and, now, I get the voice of the Youtube videos - but still not the video. Thought this clue might help.

Nisko, May 30, 2023
  4. enso Win User

All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.

1. All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos. - Similar Threads - jpg pictures are

2. show my pictures as jpg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show my pictures as jpg?: how to show my pictures in jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-my-pictures-as-jpg/bcd4bde2-633d-42e8-a936-debd2fe88b76
  3. show my pictures as jpg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    show my pictures as jpg?: how to show my pictures in jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-my-pictures-as-jpg/bcd4bde2-633d-42e8-a936-debd2fe88b76
  4. Lost SD videos restored as jpg pictures-how to fix?

Lost SD videos restored as jpg pictures-how to fix?: Yesterday I transferred my videos from my SD card onto my windows computer. While on the E drive importing all 32 9 min videos it stopped and gave me the msg “failed to import 29 of 29 items off UDISK” So I thought I’d try again. Well unfortunately somehow I deleted them off...
  5. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  6. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  7. All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.

All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos.: All my .jpg pictures are showing up as videos. Must be an incorrect default setting. How can I disconnect this faulty connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-jpg-pictures-are-showing-up-as-videos/287cc52d-f14e-4fec-8243-378172760b0a
  8. Slide show with pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slide show with pictures and videos: How do I get videos to play automatically in a slide show on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-show-with-pictures-and-videos/faa23895-9b40-4a1c-9fd7-91f719e2d418
  9. All my jpegs show up as icons, not pictures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my jpegs show up as icons, not pictures.: Hi, All my jpegs show up as icons, not pictures. Please advise. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-jpegs-show-up-as-icons-not-pictures/748fe29c-caaa-4adb-b9a1-188f6e818c2c"
  10. Viewing jpg pictures

Viewing jpg pictures: New W10. In W7 I would simply click on a picture to enlarge it. Some of mine are cartoon drawings with the punch line or caption running along the bottom. Just one left click was needed to view the whole thing. Can such a simple procedure be found in W10? When I click on...