Windows 10: All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.

Discus and support All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have loads of Dell E6430s. 5 were in use and were working fine. The remaining were just in storage. Today I needed few of those storage laptops, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lolcocks, Oct 19, 2018.

1. lolcocks Win User

All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.

I have loads of Dell E6430s.

5 were in use and were working fine. The remaining were just in storage.

Today I needed few of those storage laptops, I turned them on and all of them are giving an issue with Windows Updates and AutoDesk updates.
    Screenshot attached.

AutoDesk app plainly shows that it's not able to connect to the internet (even though I am and can surf with any browser, already checked proxy settings).
    I though it must be cause of they were turned off for about 5 months, the 5 laptops were in use started giving the same issue.

All laptops have Windows 10 (1803), April 2018 update installed on them, no disk cloning, on all laptops Windows 10 was clean installed manually.

Please help.

:)

lolcocks, Oct 19, 2018
  2. zebnznz Win User

Dell E6430 Touchpad

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell E6430 laptop and the ALPS touchpad does not work properly under Windows 10 Pro.
    On bootup only the left button works, and this is behaving reversed (as if it was a right button click), and the right button does not work at all.
    Can only really use the laptop with an external mouse plugged in.
    Have tried various Alps drivers but to no avail.
    Any suggestions at all ?
    thanks
    Mike

zebnznz, Oct 19, 2018
  3. loisvdz Win User
    Dell Latitude E6430 starts up, black screen

Hi all,

Since a few weeks my laptop (Dell Latitude E6430) has been acting weird. I always turn my laptop off the ‘correct’ way (via Start menu), but a few weeks ago, when I turned on my laptop it started up fine, but there was no screen whatsoever; it was just a
    black screen.

I turned it off, removed the battery and unplugged the battery cord, pressed the power on button for 30 seconds and then i plugged the battery etc etc in. Sometimes only doing his worked, sometimes I had to press F2 and then F1 (if I press F2 while also
    pressing on the power button, a “keyboard initializing failure” menu popped up, that’s how I could press F1 and it just continued starting up and booting to the Windows 10 system).

However, none of these things work now. I’ve been trying this whole evening to get my laptop to work, nothing happens All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates. :(

Here is a video to “demonstrate” my issue:

I hope someone can help (and understood my issue, English is not my first language so I hope this was clear)

Thank you very much.

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device

loisvdz, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates. [​IMG]

Josie23, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates. - Similar Threads - laptops Dell E6430s

2. Dell Latitude e6430 not turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Latitude e6430 not turning on: So I installed new ram to my laptop but then the laptop wont turn on anymore. I placed the original ram back and it still did not turn on. LCD Built-in self test BIST works I also heard a beep after the lcd BIST test stopped automatically and the battery icon keels blinking...
  3. Dell Latitude e6430 not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude e6430 not turning on: So I installed new ram to my laptop but then the laptop wont turn on anymore. I placed the original ram back and it still did not turn on. LCD Built-in self test BIST works I also heard a beep after the lcd BIST test stopped automatically and the battery icon keels blinking...
  4. Dell Latitude e6430 not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  6. My laptop is having some issues

My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  7. My dell laptop Touchpad having weird issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop Touchpad having weird issue.: I am using G15 model of dell, actually issue is that my touchpad doesn't recognizes single touch, that means using two fingers only I can move cursor...using 3 fingers I can scroll like that .how can I bring my normal settings back??...
  8. My dell laptop Touchpad having weird issue.

My dell laptop Touchpad having weird issue.: I am using G15 model of dell, actually issue is that my touchpad doesn't recognizes single touch, that means using two fingers only I can move cursor...using 3 fingers I can scroll like that .how can I bring my normal settings back??...
  9. All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.

in Windows 10 Support
    All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.: I have loads of Dell E6430s. 5 were in use and were working fine. The remaining were just in storage. Today I needed few of those storage laptops, I turned them on and all of them are giving an issue with Windows Updates and AutoDesk updates. Screenshot attached. AutoDesk...
  10. Dell E6430 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell E6430 Touchpad: Hi everyone, I have a Dell E6430 laptop and the ALPS touchpad does not work properly under Windows 10 Pro. On bootup only the left button works, and this is behaving reversed (as if it was a right button click), and the right button does not work at all. Can only really...