Windows 10: All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips?

Discus and support All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For more information I’m using a self built pc and been trying to figure this out for the last day and two submitted by /u/Succworthymeme [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Succworthymeme, Sep 17, 2020.

1. All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips?

For more information I’m using a self built pc and been trying to figure this out for the last day and two

submitted by /u/Succworthymeme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Succworthymeme, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Sep 17, 2020
  3. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Sep 17, 2020
  4. All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips?

Boost mic volume

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips?

1. All my microphone volumes are at max and yet I can’t hear my mic. Any advice or tips? - Similar Threads - microphone volumes are

2. Advice, and little tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice, and little tips: Hi, When you ask help from experts about removing a school account on your Windows 11 do not listen to them I will show you how to do it. It took me a bit to figure it out, but here is the correct way of doing in case you ever get stuck on it. Settings/Accounts/Access Work,...
  3. Advice, and little tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice, and little tips: Hi, When you ask help from experts about removing a school account on your Windows 11 do not listen to them I will show you how to do it. It took me a bit to figure it out, but here is the correct way of doing in case you ever get stuck on it. Settings/Accounts/Access Work,...
  4. Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic: I have a HyperX Solocast mic and a Razer Blackshark V2 Pro headset. Both are set up and configured as input and output, respectively. I can hear audio in the headset from iTunes and I see that there are green bars going up to indicate that my voice is going through the mic. I...
  5. Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic: I have a HyperX Solocast mic and a Razer Blackshark V2 Pro headset. Both are set up and configured as input and output, respectively. I can hear audio in the headset from iTunes and I see that there are green bars going up to indicate that my voice is going through the mic. I...
  6. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  7. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  8. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All mic options are on max, but microphone is still quiet?: Hey reddit, I currently have a Razer Tournament Edition Headset and have all my microphone options set to max, levels are max etc etc. And my microphone is still quiet on Discord. I've set my input volume to max on Discord and still quiet! Any help? submitted by...
  10. Can’t hear in ANY call.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t hear in ANY call.: Title says what it should, I’ve tried Discord, game chat in Destiny 2, Steam voice call, and I can hear for a minute or two, and then it just cuts out. I can still hear all other audio, including game audio, but I simply cannot hear others talking, though they can hear me. I...