Windows 10: All my photos have changed

Discus and support All my photos have changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pics have changed from JPEG to IMG suddenly, how do I revert back? 148352 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Jan 13, 2020.

1. All my photos have changed

My pics have changed from JPEG to IMG suddenly, how do I revert back?

:)

frenchman96, Jan 13, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done All my photos have changed :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 13, 2020
  3. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 13, 2020
  4. All my photos have changed

Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

All my photos have changed

1. All my photos have changed - Similar Threads - photos changed

2. A windows update removed/changed my accounts, and my files (mostly photos) are locked such...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A windows update removed/changed my accounts, and my files (mostly photos) are locked such...: My account taskbar was set back to its original state, but my desktop still has some pre-update programs and local printer is present. And I can only locate my photos through the folders users/account/windows diagnostics 8.1 . The photos are there but “locked”. Any ideas to...
  3. Windows Photo Gallery - Drag and drop change in behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photo Gallery - Drag and drop change in behaviour: Yes I know Windows Photo Gallery isn't supported any more. However, I have been using it for years and it still beats Windows Photos for tagging photos. Within the last week or so, the default action of dragging and dropping photos from one folder to another has changed...
  4. How to change a person's profile photo in Windows 10 photo collection?

How to change a person's profile photo in Windows 10 photo collection?: I have several people I want to update their profile photo in the Windows 10 Collection in the People section. How do I do that? I tried clicking on the current profile photo and right clicking on it, but there is no option to change the photo? Help...
  5. Hello Good day - A change w/ 123 Photo viewer I see

Hello Good day - A change w/ 123 Photo viewer I see: Hello Team and such... Oh My God......all the crazy attempts at anything I could think of....somehow one of those made up concoctions of nothingness was correct...happy day....ok well....seems to have worked, this dumb 123 photo viewer works and i'm ok with it ...today...
  6. How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the main photo for People in the photos app?: So for a few of my tagged people in photos it automatically chose a really bad picture for them. I'd like to manually set a photo to display for each person's album but can't seem to find a setting to allow me to....
  7. After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open

After win update photos changed size from 4 gb to 3gb and cannot open: I was transfering files from my phone's SD card to my computer desk and suddently I got a message that said my C: disk was full, so when I checked the folders I realized all the files inside (photos and videos) had the same size depending on the folder they were on, and now a...
  8. Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting

Windows Photo Gallery keeps changing my picture library folder setting: Further to my previous post (https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/140227-windows-live-photo-gallery-screen-not-repainting-after-updating.html?140227=#post1738929) about Windows (Live) Photo Gallery, I have discovered the probable cause of the issue. In the previous post, I...
  9. change photo on windows live mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    change photo on windows live mail account: Hi all, I have tried several times to change the photo that appears to anybody when I send an email to them. I have windows 10 and windows live mail 2012 version. If anyone can help me to change photo it would be great. Thanks....
  10. can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos

can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos: Until recently I was able to change the destination folder of any photos I uploaded from my phone. In the past month or so, it will not let me change the destination, and just crashes when I try. So my photos are all going to the last folder I used before the problem...