Windows 10: All my photos have changed

Discus and support All my photos have changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pics have changed from JPEG to IMG suddenly, how do I revert back? 148352 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Jan 13, 2020.

1. All my photos have changed

My pics have changed from JPEG to IMG suddenly, how do I revert back?

:)

frenchman96, Jan 13, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done All my photos have changed :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 13, 2020
  3. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 13, 2020
  4. All my photos have changed

Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

All my photos have changed

1. All my photos have changed - Similar Threads - photos changed

2. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  3. How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos?: How do you change the default save FOLDER and FILE TYPE for photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-save-folder-and-file/40bf232b-cdab-4115-ade2-72961e3f4ec7
  4. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  5. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  6. Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Save Changes Photos app error in Windows 11: [IMG]After you finish editing an image, if you receive an Unable to Save Changes error in the Photos app in Windows 11 when you try to save the image, then this post will help you Unable to Save Changes. There was an error while saving. Please try again later. This issue...
  7. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  8. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  9. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

10. How to change default app for opening photos on Windows 11

How to change default app for opening photos on Windows 11: Hello,I would like to change my default photo app from Microsoft to Microsoft Office 2016, but I can't seem to do it though I've gone into Default Apps and found photos. Below is what I see, or actually it's only a small part of what I see, and I did change one of them to...