Windows 10: All my pics and videos disappeared

Discus and support All my pics and videos disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know the specific date but some time between July 20th and 28th they all disappeared. I haven't deleted anything myself so I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Almighty343, Aug 1, 2021.

1. All my pics and videos disappeared

I don't know the specific date but some time between July 20th and 28th they all disappeared. I haven't deleted anything myself so I don't know what could have happened. This only thing of note that happened in that time period was a display driver update and the KB5003537 Cumulative Update. I have looked in darn near every place including hidden files. I have done multiple types of troubleshooting and I still can't find them. I have even tried recovery software but all I see are .lnk files of the originals. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. Some of the pics and vids are of dead fa

:)

Almighty343, Aug 1, 2021

2. Burn pics and videos to DVD

Hi Ewan,

You can also burn pictures and videos to DVD by using the File Explorer. To get started, follow these steps:

• Insert the disc and open the File Explorer.
    • Select the files that you want to burn.
    • Right-click and send to DVD RW Drive (DAll my pics and videos disappeared :).
    • Create a disc title.
    • Once you are done, click Finish burning.
    If you'd prefer to use a third-party software, we suggest that you check
    Windows Store
    for available apps that you can install.

Let us know if you have other questions in mind.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 1, 2021
  3. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

Import photos and videos in Windows 8.1

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 1, 2021
  4. All my pics and videos disappeared

Windows 10 photo app- I upload pics into the app and they disappear any s7uggestions

so it appears I upload pics into my windows 10 photo app

from my 950 and they disappear again and again.

any suggestions

Wayne Hodges, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

All my pics and videos disappeared

1. All my pics and videos disappeared - Similar Threads - pics videos disappeared

2. If i create a new account will i loose all the videos and pics on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i create a new account will i loose all the videos and pics on my laptop?: I cannot log in to my account because i dont know the password, and when i try to recover the account it doesnt work because i dont have enough details to answer the questions. I was in the middle of editing a video, and then my laptop updated and Video Editor is no longer a...
  3. Old Pic's and Video's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Pic's and Video's...: Hi. I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10... All my memory sticks & scandisk's containing pictures and video's were saved while using Windows 7... Now I'm unable to open any of them...!!! HELP...!!!...
  4. My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My all file[ pic,video,ppt,word ]are converted into xls: my pic,video,ppt ,word,rar file are converted to xls and i am unable to open them. [ATTACH] * Moved from Win 7/Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-all-file-picvideopptword-are-converted-into-xls/f6195786-cf41-4f03-af89-73756d2c7461
  5. My videos disappeared!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My videos disappeared!: I have my photos and videos combined in folders arranged by date. I moved all of these folders from "Documents" over to "Pictures" and sometime between when I did that and now I lost the ability to see my videos. I don't think they're gone but I just can't see them. I already...
  6. All my files and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files and videos disappeared: Hi, My computer automaticaly uppdated Windows 10 this week the result was that all the files from my documents and all the files from videos disappeared.The only folders and the files that were not removed were the pictures and the music. I followed all the methods you...
  7. trying to syncronize pic and video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to syncronize pic and video: I have always use the photo app to synchronize Photos and video but now is not working anymore. a week ago received a message about one drive. Are you eliminating the app that is why cant synchronize?...
  8. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders: hi folks , need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files. the problem started right away all the files with pics. turned into icons , so reset everything that I could find from going into command prompt to regit from all the info I found...
  9. No thumbnails for pics/videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No thumbnails for pics/videos: Hello, I am having issues with my thumbnails on my pc(windows 10) not showing tumbnails. When i scroll down i can briefly see it but then it goes away. I have tried switching icons sizes, changing the open program to windows pics, and unchecking the always show icons button....
  10. Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared: My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up. I found "View Downloads-Internet Explorer" page and many are, not sure all, are listed there in rows. When I try to "open" one on the list I...