Windows 10: All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

Discus and support All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Very angry and frustrated as W10 automatically updated last week. 2013 Outlook removed and now put back on and old pst file located eventualy to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019.

1. All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

Very angry and frustrated as W10 automatically updated last week. 2013 Outlook removed and now put back on and old pst file located eventualy to get emails and sub folders (no w10 search did not find them either) All my files removed and found main ones eventualy. Now discovered all my photos gone and trying to find.

How can Microsoft just auto update without warning and remove everything! Yes i have now switched off auto update with new system but at some time it has to go back on again and will i end up with the same problem?

There must be thousands of people out there around the world that can not soilve these sort of problems - we know from elderly relatives apart from younger people who have no chance.

:)

ColleenBrien, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    W10 May 2019 Update 1903

Hi Ed

The word is, that 1903 will be released in a couple of weeks

Heep a watch on this page, and when you see the May 2019 Feature Update listed there, you can click 'Update Now' so you will get the update without needing to wait:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

DaveM121, Aug 10, 2019
  4. enso Win User

All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week

1. All my pictures lost after W10 2019 update last week - Similar Threads - pictures lost W10

2. This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This week all of my Pictures disappeared WINDOWS 10: No I did not delete them. I just checked that folder.Nor were they moved to a different folder I ist conducted a search for *.png and "images" which was how I had folders in the file Pictures.I have re-booted and also Searched on Pictures.Where did they go...
  3. ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week: tried to uninstall last update but it won't let me. tried to restore to last restore point but ' restoring files' just went on for 24 hrs so I guessed it was stuck so forced shutdown. Tried restarting several times to no effect. Getting a message saying my Onedrive is full if...
  4. Slow startup after updating last week

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup after updating last week: Hi everyone, Anyone else experiencing super slow startup on win10 x64 from the last update over a week ago or so? (I didn't update due to work schedule, but whatever the update was previous to last week). I've currently updated to the latest windows update and it seems a...
  5. Lost home network connections with last W10 update

Lost home network connections with last W10 update: We have two computers in a home network connected by cable to the same router. A printer is connected by USB to one of the computers. Before the last W10 update in February, the other computer could print to this printer as long as the first computer was turned on. This...
  6. Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !

Lost all files after latest Windows 10 Update Last August 2019 !: Hello there ! I'm hoping someone can help me with this very particular problem. So last August 2019, I updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, but then was met with a strange occurance. I loaded up my desktop and it was empty, yet my background was still there....
  7. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  8. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  9. Lost all pictures

Lost all pictures: I downloaded my pictures from my phone to my computer and down the folder shows the display picture and tells me the different sizes in each folder. BUT when I open the folder it says it's empty. Any ideas? Thank you. I run windows 10,...
  10. BSOD after update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update last week: Hi all, Last week on shutting down I was prompted to install updates before shutting down as is normal. Did this but the next morning on booting got the dreaded BSOD. List of stopcodes generated after many attempts to boot up (in no particular order) *PFN LIST CORRUPT *IRQL...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I did a windows update and have lost all my files 2019