Windows 10: All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC

Discus and support All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have this problem where my programs get access to folders denied even when launched as Administrator, it says Access denied, my Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kaldyos, May 19, 2024.

1. All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC

All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC 6ix9ux0rjc1d1.jpg

I have this problem where my programs get access to folders denied even when launched as Administrator, it says Access denied, my Programs cant access any folder or cant download things because the access gets denied all the time. This is only one example

submitted by /u/Kaldyos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kaldyos, May 19, 2024

2. Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2024
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 19, 2024
  4. WojtasRed Win User

All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, May 19, 2024
Thema:

All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC

1. All my Programs have no rights to any folder on my PC - Similar Threads - Programs rights folder

2. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  3. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  4. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have...: I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have been running super slow like a blink would take 2 senconds. i can not figure out what is happening!...
  6. I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have...

I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have...: I have all of the right gaming requirements on my PC fast wifi, but my games recently have been running super slow like a blink would take 2 senconds. i can not figure out what is happening!...
  7. My pc is not showing any of the opened programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is not showing any of the opened programs: So today I was trying to run my pc and he was working fine however the Lock Screen was pitch black and when I introduced the code it opened up and I saw that none of my normal shortcuts to the apps were showing up I started being suspicious and when trying to open anything it...
  8. My pc is not showing any of the opened programs

My pc is not showing any of the opened programs: So today I was trying to run my pc and he was working fine however the Lock Screen was pitch black and when I introduced the code it opened up and I saw that none of my normal shortcuts to the apps were showing up I started being suspicious and when trying to open anything it...
  9. Profanity filter for all programs on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profanity filter for all programs on my PC: I am wondering if this exists. I want a program that monitors every other program and censors out foul language. This Chrome Extension mutes audio for a short while when it detects a word on the blacklist in subtitles. Is there any way to give access to more than browsers? I...
  10. In Programs and Features it is not showing all my programs that I have on my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Programs and Features it is not showing all my programs that I have on my PC.: From a previous Discussion the Expert said go to START> ALL PROGRAMS..well there is NO ALL PROGRAMS in the Start Menu for w10! This is the most user unfriendly system I have ever experienced! Programs already installed on computer are not accessable for associating program...