Windows 10: All my SD Cards write protected after update?

Discus and support All my SD Cards write protected after update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay Microsoft. I understand this to have been and issue in past but why has it recurred now, July 13th 20`9? Using Ankar card reader. Blew it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WaltBenn, Jul 13, 2019.

1. WaltBenn Win User

All my SD Cards write protected after update?

Okay Microsoft. I understand this to have been and issue in past but why has it recurred now, July 13th 20`9? Using Ankar card reader. Blew it out with air, but I remain pretty sure this is another Microsoft issue somehow. Please fix ASAP!!!

:)

WaltBenn, Jul 13, 2019

2. Write Protected SD

Hi Fred,

Write-protected SD card disables some functions in the SD card like installing new data, delete data or move data. We suggest checking if there is a small physical switch located on your SD to disable the write-protect. Also, you may try removing the write
    protection thru the Properties of the drive. Open File Explorer > Right-click the SD card > Properties > Remove write-protection.

If the if two suggestion we provided didn't resolve the issue, we recommend contacting the manufacturer of the SD card for additional assistance on formatting your SD card.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 13, 2019
  3. SD card write protection

My computer is showing that my SD card is write protected. The write protection switch is not in the on position I have already changed the settings within the card ( admin command propt way). I have tested on other computers and camera and they are all
    showing that it works. This is the third time this has happened. Why is this happening?

Windows User Pls Fix, Jul 13, 2019
  4. abozeid74 Win User

SD Card write protection problem

My sd card has a problem it is write protected after the last update of windows 10 mobile On lumia 640xl

I can not use it anymore unless I remove the write protection

what I could do ?? Plz help All my SD Cards write protected after update? :(

abozeid74, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. All my SD Cards write protected after update? - Similar Threads - Cards write protected

2. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  3. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  4. Write-protected SD card? Tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write-protected SD card? Tried everything...: ====== What Happened ==========One day when I loaded my 16 Gigabyte microSDHC card, I attempted to format it. There are 5 gigabytes left.It returned a "Disk is write-protected" error:====== What I have Tried =========I have tried Disk Partitioning failed, even though it says...
  5. HELP! SD Card Write Protection Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! SD Card Write Protection Problems: So i have been trying to copy some camera settings onto an SD card. But i keep getting the error: "The disk is write-protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk" I have tried basically every single thing i can find online. With the exception being formatting....
  6. SD card write-protection unwanted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card write-protection unwanted: I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry,...
  7. My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected: Hello, I need help with my Micro SD card. It is a 512 GB SD card and it is about 3 months old and it worked perfectly fine until recently. I think what caused it to go into write protection mode was that I made my iTunes iPhone backup symbolic linked to the SD card so that...
  8. SD Card Write Protection

SD Card Write Protection: I've been using my chromebook for modding my Wii u, and now that it's charger broke, I can't do that until I get a new one. The SD card works fine on that, but on my computer, the SD card is locked, no matter what. I've tried the Diskpart method, the RegEdit method, yet...
  9. Write Protected SD card

Write Protected SD card: Hi, I want to format my SD card on my windows but I get the 'disk is write protected' notification. I tried removing the write protection through the command prompt but when I tried formatting afterwards it still gives the same notification. The SD card is not visible on my...
  10. SD Card write protection issues

SD Card write protection issues: I recently received a write protected message from multiple micro SD cards/SD card adapters. [ATTACH] I have edited my registry to remove write protection. [ATTACH] I have gone through command prompt and diskpart to attempt to format them. [ATTACH] And yes, I have...