Windows 10: all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.

Discus and support all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite lap top computer and installed the latest update to windows 10. All my settings IE: power down, micro phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ampsdg, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Ampsdg Win User

all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.

I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite lap top computer and installed the latest update to windows 10. All my settings IE: power down, micro phone, camera, ETC. is all on and active even though it is turned off in the settings. the power being the biggest issue. When I power down to close computer it will shut down as normally did and appears to be off, but move computer or open it and boom computer is on, as if it was in sleep mode. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

:)

Ampsdg, Sep 11, 2019

2. NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you replying.

Yes, I suggest you to keep your drivers updated.

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed, keeping your device up to date with the latest features and security improvements.
    If drivers are also updated automatically with Windows update, the setting may change to default.

If the latest updates provided by the Microsoft is changing the profile settings, stop the updates from installing the driver software automatically. Follow the steps mentioned below to change device installation settings.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + Pause Break, and click Advanced system settings.
    2. Select Hardwareand tap on
      Device Installation Settings.
    3. Choose the option No, let me choose what to do.
    4. Select the option Never install driver software from Windows Update.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install. - Similar Threads - settings changed laptop

2. After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a recent update my Windows setting have change.: After a recent update my Windows setting have change. My wallpaper is gone, my taskbar has changed, and my Office 365 license also isn't working. I am not sure what else is affected at this time. Can I restore these settings somehow?...
  3. My laptop won't install the latest update 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop won't install the latest update 20H2.: My laptop won't install the latest updates no matter what I do. Here's what I've tried so far: I've went to settings, windows update, and clicked check for updates but it tells me that I'm up to date I'm not. At first I saw the 20H2 update available to me, but after a...
  4. Since the latest update all of my apps have changed to white - WHY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since the latest update all of my apps have changed to white - WHY: Since the latest update - all of my apps have turned white - except those which are turned on to live why is this - I have searched everywhere to bring them back to the bluish color on my desktop - I don't understand...
  5. After installing latest Windows 10 update my settings are not responding

After installing latest Windows 10 update my settings are not responding: After installing latest Windows 10 update today my settings are not responding. I tried W + trouble shooting and that is also not responding. Please help me with a solution...
  6. My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

My settings changed after I reset my laptop?: so I reset my laptop a couple of months ago and realized a lot of my settings have changed. I used to be able to have two-finger scrolling on my mouse pad, but now it doesn't work, and I have looked at countless forums and haven't found a solution yet. I also used to have the...
  7. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  8. Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow

Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow: Not much to tell, latest update changed the contrast on my screen dramatically... And has made it too dark to play some of my games. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  10. Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 update Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 But after all there is no sound. Before Windows update I had sound with Realtek High definition driver. Now I don't. There is red X sign next to sound icon at quick launch bar. And in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all settings changed after latest update windows 10

2. windows updated and i have lost my settings