Windows 10: All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

Discus and support All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kaboom212121 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kaboom212121, Apr 23, 2020.

1. All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

/u/Kaboom212121, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Flava0ne Win User

All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

No error, when I run the BAT file the CMD prompt shows and looks like it did stuff. But no shortcut on my Desktop.

Flava0ne, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

1. All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut... - Similar Threads - Shortcuts desktop file

2. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  3. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  4. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All my shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of yellow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of yellow.: When i switch on I find that most shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of the usual yellow which I prefer. There is also a green tint when I play some games. Please help....
  6. All my shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of yellow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of yellow.: When i switch on I find that most shortcuts, files and folders have turned green instead of the usual yellow which I prefer. There is also a green tint when I play some games. Please help....
  7. Shortcuts on desktop: X instead of arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts on desktop: X instead of arrow: Recently I started seeing a change in my desktop shortcuts. There should be an arrow in the lower-right corner of each shortcut icon. But lately I'm seeing an X appear there. That's the left-hand image seen here ... [img] When I refresh the desktop (right-click > Refresh)...
  8. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!: Normally on Windows 10, when I click 'Explorer' icon it shows files/folders but no shortcuts on my Desktop View! So I'm checking to see how to change this so I see my complete Desktop view of icons, just so I know what's there and not hidden in Explorer! What I found is that...
  9. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  10. Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black: All of my desktop shortcut icons have turned black. I first deleted my Explorer thumbnail cache and then my icon cache. I did not get the icons back to normal until after I deleted the icon cache. But after I shut down and restarted the black icons were back. I went...