Windows 10: All my shortcuts switched to word documents

Discus and support All my shortcuts switched to word documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I logged into to my computer yesterday and noticed all of my shortcuts are now word documents. The word documents all contain a string of numbers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clozee_KiD, Jun 9, 2021.

1. All my shortcuts switched to word documents

I logged into to my computer yesterday and noticed all of my shortcuts are now word documents. The word documents all contain a string of numbers and letters and that's it. I tried to make another shortcut for a new program and it to shows up as a word document.Almost all of my shortcuts are related to gaming. These games are attached to several diffrent sites Steam, Origin, etc.

:)

Clozee_KiD, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 9, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 9, 2021
  4. HaFin Win User

All my shortcuts switched to word documents

Cannot open Word documents in Windows 10

Thanks, Dave. I will keep your suggestions in case problem re-occurs!

I just restarted my laptop and now word files appear to be opening normally. I was concerned Imight have been infected with Malware, but apparently I just needed to Reboot.

Thanks again,

Harry

HaFin, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

All my shortcuts switched to word documents

1. All my shortcuts switched to word documents - Similar Threads - shortcuts switched word

2. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  3. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  4. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  5. Word document shortcuts not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues with it. Keyboard shortcut Shift+F5, which moves the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair hasn't resolved the issue....
  6. Word document shortcuts not working.

Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues with it. Keyboard shortcut Shift+F5, which moves the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair hasn't resolved the issue....
  7. Word document shortcuts not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word document shortcuts not working.: I've just installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 on Windows 10 and encountered some issues. with it. Some shortcut functions on Word don't work. Shift F5, which is meant to move the cursor to the last document editing point before saving, doesn't work. Online repair...
  8. my Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Word documents: How do I change the way my Word documents open in Windows 10 Home? Currently they are divided in two segments, the recent documents and more documents. It is confusing and I panic because I think the bulk of my documents are missing or worse that Microsoft had deleted...
  9. File missing all the words in the document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  10. Document shortcuts all in one place

in Windows 10 Support
    Document shortcuts all in one place: hi, While I have hundreds of documents on my pc, I'm typically working with around 20 documents. These 20 docs are sensibly ordered [scattered] across different folders, some local and some in the cloud. I want a quick place to access all 20 or so documents INSTANTLY. At...