Windows 10: All my standard apps and spotify aren't working

Discus and support All my standard apps and spotify aren't working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open any standard apps, nothing happens. This includes opening the microsoft store. If I try to open spotify, it tells me I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeslieHuh, Oct 17, 2020.

1. LeslieHuh Win User

All my standard apps and spotify aren't working

When I try to open any standard apps, nothing happens. This includes opening the microsoft store.

If I try to open spotify, it tells me I don't have permission to access this item.

This problem started when my Spotify wouldn't open. I couldn't get the app to open, and once, a line at the bottom of the app icon in the Start menu appeared which indicated it was being updated. It was almost full, so I though the app was updating so I didn't touch it. I came back and the line was gone so I tried opening and it still didn't work. I opened the Microsoft store and checked the apps that needed to get updated. There were two apps: Spotify and the Microsoft store. I clicked update all and left them alone. After a while, I wanted to check the progress, so I clicked on the store, forgetting that it, too, was getting updated. I left it alone for several hours and shut down my computer. There was a software update, so I let the udpates run and turned on my computer the next day. Since then, the issue has spread to all my standard apps and I have tried various solutions like resetting my chache, terminating their tasks, and resetting the apps. I have already to reported my issue to the microsoft feedback app, but I haven't been able to open it since then. I have tried scanning my computer with Malwarebytes, and there have been no reports of any malware that could be screwing things up. I'm not sure how to solve this issue.

:)

LeslieHuh, Oct 17, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

All my standard apps and spotify aren't working [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 17, 2020
  4. All my standard apps and spotify aren't working

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

All my standard apps and spotify aren't working

1. All my standard apps and spotify aren't working - Similar Threads - standard apps spotify

2. windows apps aren't working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows apps aren't working at all: I re-installed windows multiple times because I didn't have any windows program that were working, but now I cannot even open the windows store. It just doesn't open and I tried to fix it with wsreset.exe through run but it just says this error. "ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches"...
  3. windows apps aren't working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows apps aren't working at all: I re-installed windows multiple times because I didn't have any windows program that were working, but now I cannot even open the windows store. It just doesn't open and I tried to fix it with wsreset.exe through run but it just says this error. "ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches"...
  4. windows apps aren't working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Microsoft Apps aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Apps aren't working: My Microsoft apps aren't functioning for example photos is now "@{Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2023.10030.27002.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.Windows.Photos/Resource/AppStoreName}" This is the same with other windows apps only video player and store is working. I...
  6. My Microsoft Apps aren't working

My Microsoft Apps aren't working: My Microsoft apps aren't functioning for example photos is now "@{Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2023.10030.27002.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.Windows.Photos/Resource/AppStoreName}" This is the same with other windows apps only video player and store is working. I...
  7. All default windows 10 apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All default windows 10 apps aren't working.: Everytime I go to open up my apps, nothing opens. This is what https://imgur.com/a/GfDVCkf Anytime I go to click on it, nothing happens. I do scans and windows find no corruptions. I did a "Reset this PC'. Both options "Keep my files" and "Remove everything". I can't...
  8. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  9. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  10. ALL Apps aren't working in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL Apps aren't working in Windows 10?: Hello, as already mentioned in the title all of my Windows Apps suddenly stopped working. I can click on them and they launch, and for apps with music (for example games) the music is even playing. But they only stay in the "background", won't show on my desktop and I can't...