Windows 10: all my stuff is gone!

Discus and support all my stuff is gone! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TalenaGor, May 17, 2020.

1. TalenaGor Win User

all my stuff is gone!

yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone or personal settings eliminated such as....my MMO game short cut not on desktop - have to go find it in the folder, have to watch cinematic again and accept all TOS again and all addons are gone, minion is gone discord gone but also have to end task on it to reinstall....My firefox browser lost all the bookmarks and is no longer default

im also getting a ton of Javascript errors especially when reinstalling discord...

ive tried everything I can think of including restoring back to may 13th and the issue is still there...

I noticed this -

https://betanews.com/2020/02/13/windows-10-kb4532693-lost-user-profile/

but I cannot find that update in my update history....but yet it does sound to me like it might be the issue - I just cant find the files, if they are hidden, and I cant see any additional profiles.....

any ideas at all on what happened and how to get it back?

thank you!

:)

TalenaGor, May 17, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 17, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, May 17, 2020
  4. Autumn20 Win User

all my stuff is gone!

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, May 17, 2020
Thema:

all my stuff is gone!

1. all my stuff is gone! - Similar Threads - stuff gone

2. Sam. RC520 made 'factory' reset now win10 + stuff are gone and I have win7 and nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sam. RC520 made 'factory' reset now win10 + stuff are gone and I have win7 and nothing.: Dear Friends: I had to remove my hdd with win10 and lot of stuff. When re-istalling it to my Samsung RC520 it made a reset and now I have only win7 with nothing! Please advise....
  3. Sam. RC520 made 'factory' reset now win10 + stuff are gone and I have win7 and nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sam. RC520 made 'factory' reset now win10 + stuff are gone and I have win7 and nothing.: Dear Friends: I had to remove my hdd with win10 and lot of stuff. When re-istalling it to my Samsung RC520 it made a reset and now I have only win7 with nothing! Please advise....
  4. Sam. RC520 made 'factory' reset now win10 + stuff are gone and I have win7 and nothing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Giving a laptop to someone and want to do a system recovery so all my stuff is gone, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving a laptop to someone and want to do a system recovery so all my stuff is gone, but...: I am getting a new laptop and want to give my old one to a friend and want it cleaned off all my files, programs, etc. like out of box condition. It has Windows 11 on it.When I do the recovery it goes fine, but then won't go any further until I sign into my Microsoft account...
  6. Giving a laptop to someone and want to do a system recovery so all my stuff is gone, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giving a laptop to someone and want to do a system recovery so all my stuff is gone, but...: I am getting a new laptop and want to give my old one to a friend and want it cleaned off all my files, programs, etc. like out of box condition. It has Windows 11 on it.When I do the recovery it goes fine, but then won't go any further until I sign into my Microsoft account...
  7. Most of my stuff is gone after yesterday night for some reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most of my stuff is gone after yesterday night for some reason: I have some stuff but most of my documents and everything else is gone. Why is this HAPPENING!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-stuff-is-gone-after-yesterday-night-for/82bc9415-cb87-4dae-9e7b-2fe4cc7f95cd
  8. PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE: When i tried to make another account for windows i disabled my main account and i cant change it back because i was stupid and now i cant enable my account back and it deleted all my stuff can someone help...
  9. All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my images, documents and other stuff is gone after an error: My PC froze completely, so I had to hard reboot, and it booted, then froze again. I rebooted it again, and then the PC told me "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in". I exited and tried logging in again, and this time it worked but everything was reset. I still had all...
  10. User account is gone and a few other stuff broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account is gone and a few other stuff broken: Hi. Im having problems again. After booting up my laptop today i have for some reason lost my user account. Im stuck with this secondary local account. The os overall runs fine i guess? A few things arent working like the notification tab. Thats all i have noticied so far....