Windows 10: All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once!

Discus and support All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I opened my "Collection of photos" and I opened the tab called "People". The computer started tagging people from my photos from Onedrvie and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoyRhino, Jul 21, 2021.

1. RoyRhino Win User

All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once!

I opened my "Collection of photos" and I opened the tab called "People". The computer started tagging people from my photos from Onedrvie and an external hard drive that I added to the files and folders link of where to get the pictures from. It took a while, but the computer did name tag a lot of people and I finished the tagging of people I know. Now all the tagging is gone completely! This is not the first time this happened either. How do I get this to save and not delete the tagging. Google and Amazon Photos tag people and I never lose them. What am I doing wrong or the computer set

:)

RoyRhino, Jul 21, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once! [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jul 21, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Where is the tag database located?

Yours is the best explanation I've seen... and as you tested that..

Like you, I don't see that drop-down list of suggestions for photo tags in the Details pane on 1 PC - I've just tagged a few for test purposes...

I can't recall anything I might have done to disable it nor can I find an option related to its beahviour.

But.. on my other PC - also 1903- I do get a lot of rubbish and unknown suggestions. And I've never done nay significant tagging.

dalchina, Jul 21, 2021
  4. All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once!

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once!

1. All my tagging has disappeared from the Collection more than once! - Similar Threads - tagging has disappeared

2. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  3. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  4. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly: I was using my PC and randomly, more than half of the items on my desktop is gone (shortcuts, files, etc.). The last app I used was Mediamonkey to listen to music. I re-added a few shortcuts and that they showed up. I did not update my PC and nothing changed to my knowledge....
  6. Disappearing jigsaws from my collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing jigsaws from my collection: Yesterday had problems with logging in to XBox and couldn't use MS jigsaw. but everything on the 'net was playing up as well. Logged in okay today, only to discover that a large number of the jigsaw groups I had collected using the gold system had disappeared. I'm not very...
  7. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  8. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  9. Running sfc /scannow more than once

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running sfc /scannow more than once: I've run across the suggestion that when running sfc /scannow it should be run two or three times, even if you received the message Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. My understanding has been that if no integrity violation are found you...
  10. Running sfc /scannow more than once question

in Windows 10 Support
    Running sfc /scannow more than once question: I've run across the suggestion that when running sfc /scannow it should be run two or three times, even if you received the message Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. My understanding has been that if no integrity violation are found you...