Windows 10: All my usb ports stopped working after windows update.

Discus and support All my usb ports stopped working after windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi. I hope you are all good. Few days ago my mind came across a stupid idea to get my windows update back to enable from disable. Although life was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tango_pk, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Tango_pk Win User

All my usb ports stopped working after windows update.

hi.

I hope you are all good.

Few days ago my mind came across a stupid idea to get my windows update back to enable from disable. Although life was so perfect with the disable and had no issue. I got curious and had it enabled in a sense it will get bring my laptop to perform better. But i regret it. My laptop got slowers. The restart and windows loading takes eternity. The usb stopped working. Each time i have to restart and hope it will work this time. Any suggestion guys how to fix this usb issue. All usb ports that are listed in device manager says they are upto date ? As of today 29 aug 2019 my updates are the latest one.

Kindly guide me to fix this.

Thank you

:)

Tango_pk, Aug 29, 2019
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Aug 29, 2019
  3. USB ports stopped working on Windows 7

Check the N97's USB cable for signs of damage at the USB end, and inspect USB ports on your mobo/case for signs of damage. Could be a short caused by damaged USB port. Gotta have good eyes when checking USB ports...

If you only installed the drivers for your N97 yesterday, there may be a conflict where the N97 driver installation came with some drivers that are conflicting with your USB drivers. Can you get a PS/2 keyboard? If there's no signs of damage to your cables/USB ports then the next step would be Device Manager.

I hang my head in stupidity... :shadedshu

scaminatrix, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello ruthives,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Do you read any error message when you connect the device to the USB port?
    3. Are you facing this issue with any particular USB port or with all the USB ports?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Your device is kept up to date with the latest features by automatically installing the updates in Windows 10. To narrow down the issue, let's go ahead and follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select Update driver.
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager.
    • Reboot the PC and it will automatically pick for the latest drivers for your PC.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest USB drivers available for your PC build from the
    manufacturer's website and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. All my usb ports stopped working after windows update. - Similar Threads - usb ports stopped

2. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  3. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb port stop working after update: Usb port stop working after I restarted from update.The update stopped in the middle then i restarted it but it stops again then i reinstalled the windows....
  4. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Usb port stop working after update

7. Usb port stop working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  9. USB port stopped working after Windows Update

USB port stopped working after Windows Update: One PC runs an aircraft tracking program and a ship tracking program. Both have received connected via USB.A couple of months ago I noticed the ship tracking was not working. I initially thought the receiver or antenna was faulty so checked the antenna and tried a spare...
  10. USB Ports stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stopped working after windows update: Hi, I updated my computer yesterday and noticed that all my devices Mouse, Keyboard... have stopped working. Im guessing the update messed up my usb drivers somehow... I opened the device manager and checked and I noticed a yellow warnign sign on one of them:It says: This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all usb ports stopped working with intel driver update