Windows 10: All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update.

Discus and support All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help me to fix this issue. If I change it in the Settings it seems it does not work! submitted by /u/mijorus [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mijorus, Jun 1, 2020.

1. All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update.

Please help me to fix this issue. If I change it in the Settings it seems it does not work!

submitted by /u/mijorus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mijorus, Jun 1, 2020
  2. User 01 Win User

Emails I move to another folder are not marked as "read"

This issue is the topic of at least two other threads, neither of which are answered:

This is a good example of how frustrating it is to try and research issues using a forum system instead of an issue tracking system. You mention that "Microsoft is aware of this issue." Is the issue documented anywhere that allows users to monitor it?

User 01, Jun 1, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 1, 2020
  4. All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update.

Document folders marked read only after upgrade to Windows 10

Who with a brain cell would call this USER FRIENDLY in a OS?

Sorry but Windows 10 is USER HOSTILE!

RichardGilbertson, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update.

1. All my user folders are marked as 'read only' after 2020 update. - Similar Threads - user folders are

2. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  3. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves: Hi,How do i set all the files in a directory and all the files in it's subdirectories as read-only, but NOT mark the folder or its subfolders as read-only?...
  4. Mark all files in folder and all subfolders as Read-Only, but not the folders themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All my user folders are read-only. HELP

All my user folders are read-only. HELP: Hello After upgrading to Windows 20H2, all of my user folders are read-only, including my users\user\documents. I've tried everything to undo, including changing attributes, changing permissions, and changing with command prompt. I've even logged into the Administrator...
  6. All folders are marked read only.

All folders are marked read only.: I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access. [ATTACH] Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows...
  7. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  8. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  9. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only": This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the properties which I...
  10. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...