Windows 10: All native search boxes crash

Discus and support All native search boxes crash in Cortana to solve the problem; I have an issue where I cannot type anything into the Windows Search bar and the windows settings search bar without it crashing. The issue occured... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ThomMohr, Jan 29, 2021.

1. ThomMohr Win User

All native search boxes crash

I have an issue where I cannot type anything into the Windows Search bar and the windows settings search bar without it crashing. The issue occured when I installed a feature update version 20H2.

I have tried multiple fixes including running the truobleshooting programme, restarting my computer, restarting Windows search and cortana. The troubleshooting programme is able to identify that there is an issue with Windows search and tries to fix it, however it is unable to fix it.

Is there anyting else I can try?

Cheers.

:)

ThomMohr, Jan 29, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 29, 2021
  4. All native search boxes crash

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

All native search boxes crash

1. All native search boxes crash - Similar Threads - native search boxes

2. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  3. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  4. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Search box doesnt search at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box doesnt search at all: My search box dont search anymore. I dont know when it happen since im just using this computer for 2 days after vacation. The search is not functioning at all. you can type and search but no results. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version maybe that will help....
  6. Search box doesnt search at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box doesnt search at all: My search box dont search anymore. I dont know when it happen since im just using this computer for 2 days after vacation. The search is not functioning at all. you can type and search but no results. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version maybe that will help....
  7. Search box doesnt search at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Explorer Search Box Return to All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Box Return to All Files: I have recently noticed a change in behaviour (Or I might have even changed some settings) with the search box on the top right corner of the explorer window. I used to search for a file name and it would return the search and when I clicked on the X it would return all files...
  9. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  10. Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly: This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Search box on the taskbar does not work. Clicking on the Search box makes it change color, but it is not possible to type anything into the box. Opening Start Menu before clicking on the Search box sometimes helps. In 1 case...