Windows 10: All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 on my laptop. The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly except for one problem: applications using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John343, Aug 26, 2019.

1. John343 Win User

All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,

I just recently upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 on my laptop. The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly except for one problem: applications using the .NET Framework such as PatchCleaner and Microsoft Hyperlaspe Pro, that previously worked on windows 7, not crash under windows 10. Looking at the event viewer the log shows a runtime error of the .NET framework withe the description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005.

I've tried the .NET repair tools to no avail. Any other suggestions what the cause could be or how I could go about finding it? The last resort would be to do a clean install of windows, which I would rather avoid if possible.

:)

John343, Aug 26, 2019
  2. TRWOV Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Note that it says "pay to upgrade" not "pay to use".

TRWOV, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 26, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. All .NET Applications crash on startup after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NET Applications crash

2. All startup items are missing from Win 10 after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All startup items are missing from Win 10 after upgrade from Win 7: I just upgraded (using the MediaCreationTool1909) my Win 7 Home Premium desktop to Win 10 (1909 , 18363.476) yesterday. Before upgrading I disabled all windows startup items and all non-MS services in msconfig (performing a clean boot before the upgrade). I was happy that the...
  3. .NET applications crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET applications crashing: I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing. Several error logs are being reported in the event...
  4. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  5. Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7, even after reinstalling each of these individual pieces of software I'm having problems with windows 10 failing to properly start programs. For example, my NVIDIA control panel does launch, but it no longer automatically applies my...
  6. Missing applications in Start Menu after upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing applications in Start Menu after upgrading from 7 to 10: Hi All, I've just upgraded yesterday from Windows 7 to Windows 10, operation went smoothly, after around an hour of additional configuration tasks I'm almost 'at home'. However what I noticed and is really confusing is that I have around 40 applications installed (visible...
  7. Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2: Office (2016) worked fine until I upgraded windows 10 to TH2 then stopped working and now crashes on startup. I have tried the quick repair and the online repair and even clean installing the program finding out that it still crashes. 31081
  8. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...
  9. Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7: I realize there are thousands of these type of postings, and just as many pieces of advice to choose from. My systems is NOT BSOD'ing, just completely instantly going all the way down to a powered-down-like state, then booting up. This happens mostly when I'm playing Fallout...
  10. No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No applications running after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7: Hi All, I just upgraded my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10 using the Windows free upgrade. The upgrade completed successfully and I am able to boot into Windows 10. However, that is where the happy journey ends! *Sad I am not able to open any applications pinned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photoshop crashes after windows update

2. upgrading .net application from windows 7 to windows 10