Windows 10: All Netflix downloads lost after power loss

Discus and support All Netflix downloads lost after power loss in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I had a number of downloaded movies, TV shows and series on my Windows 10 Laptop from Netflix to watch later in "Offline" mode. I started a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andre993, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Andre993 Win User

All Netflix downloads lost after power loss

Hi,

I had a number of downloaded movies, TV shows and series on my Windows 10 Laptop from Netflix to watch later in "Offline" mode.

I started a downloaded movie with internet connection enabled and movie was sitting ready to start when my laptop "crashed" as a result of low battery. Caused by me not correctly fitting the power cord into it... :

Anyway, after fixing my power cord issue... I restarting my laptop, I opened the Netflix App, and Netflix was very very slow and just sat there with the spinning wheel..... waiting...... and waiting ... and waiting.

In the end I exit fron Netflix, shutdown and restarted my laptop, much better.... went to downloads to resume watching my movie and it is "gone" from my Netflix downloaded list!

Not only is that movie "lost/deleted" so are all my other downloads, even the few I downloaded today - all gone, deleted !

Ive restarted my laptop again, logged out of Netflix and back into it again... Nothing, Netflix message simple says "would you like to find something to download"???

Which I did to see if Downloads are working and yes I did download a new movie... but where are all the previous movies etc...

Any ideas on why and are the "lost" movies etc still on my laptop somewhere

Thanks

:)

Andre993, Oct 25, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
  4. shaptoni Win User

Unable to play YouTube or Netflix

Since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro I am now unable to play YouTube or Netflix

I am using a Lenovo Yoga Book Windows version 10.0.18363

Netflix Error U7361-1253-800705AA (app)

Netflix Error H7361-1253-800705AA​ (edge browser)

YouTube Error JDSEu8jhH639FHdh (edge browser)

Netflix say:

If you experience the error code U7361-1253-800705AA on your Windows 10 computer, it typically indicates that your system requires an update. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.​
    • Perform Windows updates​
    - this is what caused the issue and i am now on the latest version

• If you are using the Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition, we suggest downloading the Windows Media Feature Pack.
    - this is not applicable for my version

Can anyone help?

Thanks

shaptoni, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. All Netflix downloads lost after power loss - Similar Threads - Netflix downloads lost

2. No option to download Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to download Netflix app: Hi! So, title says it all. I use Windows 11 ARM via Parallels VM on a Apple M1 Macbook. I updated Windows to 22H2, tried wreset.exe, manual resetting and defaulting Microsoft store. I signed in my account, tried to change the country I am not from Russia though, so Netflix...
  3. Lost All Of My Downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost All Of My Downloads: I just tried to free up storage space and lost all of my downloads which had all kinds of sentimental videos of my children as they were growing up. Not sure where they would be backed up and also when I go to recovery it says I have 12.4GB of downloads but the files are...
  4. Lost All Of My Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost All Of My Downloads: I just tried to free up storage space and lost all of my downloads which had all kinds of sentimental videos of my children as they were growing up. Not sure where they would be backed up and also when I go to recovery it says I have 12.4GB of downloads but the files are...
  5. Lost All Of My Downloads

6. Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.: Hi! There was a sudden power loss for 1 second and my pc force rebooted. Now when I boot it up there is a horizontal white line running across the top of my monitor for a second each time I boot up the pc and also my headset makes a weird noise when I turn on the pc and a...
  7. Download Speed loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed loss: I was recently put on BT fibre. Prior to that I got 17mbps download. On fibre I only get 20mb. I contacted BT who sent an engineer, who did not seem too confident in what he was doing. (I am 300mts from cabinet) He initially said there was no fault on line, then spoke to...
  8. Netflix not downloading after windows 10 update

Netflix not downloading after windows 10 update: This is more of a "help" to others who having same problem. After countless full days of trying to fix the problem with NOTHING helping - the ONLY way i found to fix it was to start completwly over. And i dont mean uninstalling netflix and reinstlling. Did that i dunno how...
  9. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating: I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am...
  10. Loss of Power - No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Power - No BSOD: A bit frustrated. I get this message in the Event Viewer, but I don't know how to fix it. Windows 10. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and...