Windows 10: All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error.

Discus and support All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I updated my drivers with driver boost because I am lazy, and It was taking forever on the last one. I believe it was the ethernet driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wellivea, Nov 7, 2018.

1. wellivea Win User

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error.

Yesterday I updated my drivers with driver boost because I am lazy, and It was taking forever on the last one. I believe it was the ethernet driver, but I'm not sure. It kept on using cpu for some kind of "scanning" process, and was not stopping so I killed it and stopped the update. After this, it would not work again. The realtek ethernet adapter showed "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for the deveice (Code 56)" and all the other ones (bluetooth and wifi) eventually showed it as well.

I read extensively about it and all of them recommended uninstalling programs that added "filters" such as vpn or vm software. So I uninstalled vmware, vbox, nordvpn, and openvpn to no avail. I went through the registry and deleted all the random entries these programs left behind, and still nothing. I also tried deleting all profiles with netcfg, and nothing. The network reset option did not help either. I tried a system restore, but that failed because I tried to disable it and reduced the space it could use before (smart;_All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. ;) Sadly, a system reset is really not an option given how many programs I have and the configs within. If you try to reinstall the driver, it just times out..
    Please help!

:)

wellivea, Nov 7, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Network Adapter and Error code 0x800706bb

Hi Vanessa,

One of the possible reasons why you are having an issue with the network adapter is because some components of the program may be corrupted and needs to update. To resolve your concern regarding the network issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter to scan and correct any possible cause of the issue.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Network settings > press Enter
      and click Status.
    • Under Network Status, click Network troubleshooter.
    • Follow the steps provided on the pop-up windows.
    • Once you're done, restart your device.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

Step 2. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver to make sure that you will have the latest driver available for your device.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Double-click on the device, and then click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall, then OK.
    Download and install the latest version of network adapter driver on the manufacturer's website.

On the other hand, the error 0x800706bb occurs when some files on the system are missing. To resolve this concern you may follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if the solutions worked for you.

Joseph Ban, Nov 7, 2018
  4. All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error.

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error.

1. All network adapters have the same "class configuration" error. - Similar Threads - network adapters same

2. Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter: I have an acer predator helios 300. It was not connecting to the internet i tried connecting to multiple sources so I tried updating my network adapter and then uninstalling it. Now the adapter gives the following message: Windows is still setting up class configuration for...
  3. Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter: I have an acer predator helios 300. It was not connecting to the internet i tried connecting to multiple sources so I tried updating my network adapter and then uninstalling it. Now the adapter gives the following message: Windows is still setting up class configuration for...
  4. Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. “Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56” network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56” network adapter: all of the network adapters on my computer, have a error displayed saying that windows is still sitting at the class configuration for the device code 56. I have tried many things to fix this problem, including but not limited to restarting the computer, restoring to a system...
  6. “Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56” network adapter

“Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56” network adapter: all of the network adapters on my computer, have a error displayed saying that windows is still sitting at the class configuration for the device code 56. I have tried many things to fix this problem, including but not limited to restarting the computer, restoring to a system...
  7. “Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56” network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My network adapter configuration resets randomly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter configuration resets randomly...: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 160MHz Wireless LAN CardMy network adapter configuration keeps resetting every time my PC reboots. It occasionally does so even when I haven't restarted by PC perhaps when it goes to sleep. It literally just does whatever it wants. I've set the band...
  9. My network adapter configuration resets randomly...

My network adapter configuration resets randomly...: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 160MHz Wireless LAN CardMy network adapter configuration keeps resetting every time my PC reboots. It occasionally does so even when I haven't restarted by PC perhaps when it goes to sleep. It literally just does whatever it wants. I've set the band...
  10. Network and Bluetooth adapter error ...... (windows is still setting up the class...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network and Bluetooth adapter error ...... (windows is still setting up the class...: Both my network cards ( wired and wireless) and my Bluetooth adapter shows the same error. How it happened:- i installed vm-ware and wanted to bridge the vm i created to my LAN adapter...but it threw an error saying that "there are no unbridged network adapters" this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56)

2. network adapters windows is still setting up class configuration for this device