Windows 10: All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset

Discus and support All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was getting the couldnt install windows update error for quite a while. So i decided to try to fix it. One of the solutions I found was to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randy_darsh, Jan 4, 2019.

1. All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset

I was getting the couldnt install windows update error for quite a while. So i decided to try to fix it. One of the solutions I found was to use the windows 10 network reset.

Now that I have done it all of my network drivers are missing. They cannot be reinstalled in device manager. System restore does not put them back to normal. I cannot connect to the internet with wifi or ethernet. All of what seems to be my network drivers are in device manager in the unknown section. I am tempted to just delete everything out of there and see what happens.

No one else seems to have ever had this problem. I cant find a solution anywhere.

:)

randy_darsh, Jan 4, 2019

2. After Windows 10 update, network driver missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

It appears that the drivers might be incompatible with Windows 10.

Let us follow the below steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Network Adapter troubleshooter finds and fixes problems with wireless and other Network Adapters.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select
      Control Panel

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows (Windows 8) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Windows 7 networking issue

Hi all,

Today my laptop stopped opening pages on any browser (chrome, firefox, IE). Chrome says the page request is being rejected so I googled this up but wasn't able to fix it with the suggestions I found. Windows can't connect to anything in my network( other PCs etc.) and has no internet.

The funny part about all this is that my utorrent still keeps on working inside windows.

Internet and networking works fine when I am in safe mode with networking.

I tried flushing dns, reset winsock, resetting wireless adapter, reset the router, renewed the wireless lease, disabled ipv6/ipv4 alternatively, set static ip, set manual dns and tried network diagnostics - which said that there is something wrong but has insufficient information available to find out what is wrong. I can ping google from cmd.

My other PCs network absolutely fine so this is no issue with my router.

Am I missing something ? Are there any good diagnostics software that will resolve the issue I'm facing ?

Thanks in advance

techjunkie, Jan 4, 2019
  4. All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset

Network drivers missing

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Initially, I suggest you to check if the Network option is turned on under settings.

Settings > Systems >
    Notifications and actions
    > Select which icon appear on the task bar > toggle on
    Network.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause this problem.

Let us try to update the Network adapters and check if it helps.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select the Start button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a
    different PC and save it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Also, see: How to: Install
    and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset

1. All network drivers missing after using Windows 10 network reset - Similar Threads - network drivers missing

2. factory reset computer with missing network driver’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset computer with missing network driver’: my wi-fi option went missing in my asu’s computer. at the time i didn’t know it was due to my network driver, so i factory reset the computer. now i can’t get past the initial set up because i can’t connect to a wi-fi. i have the network dricer downloaded to a external hard...
  3. factory reset computer with missing network driver’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset computer with missing network driver’: my wi-fi option went missing in my asu’s computer. at the time i didn’t know it was due to my network driver, so i factory reset the computer. now i can’t get past the initial set up because i can’t connect to a wi-fi. i have the network dricer downloaded to a external hard...
  4. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  5. Missing driver for network adapter

Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  6. all my network adapters are disabled after pressing"reset networks"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my network adapters are disabled after pressing"reset networks": yesterday at 1 am my IPS had some errors and we had no wifi so I thought I have to wait then after it was back online my pc still didn't receive anythingfrom my router so I pressed "reset networks" and then nothing worked. Every WAN is disabled code 45 and I don't know how to...
  7. all my network adapters are disabled after pressing"reset networks"

all my network adapters are disabled after pressing"reset networks": yesterday at 1 am my IPS had some errors and we had no wifi so I thought I have to wait then after it was back online my pc still didn't receive anythingfrom my router so I pressed "reset networks" and then nothing worked. Every WAN is disabled code 45 and I don't know how to...
  8. all my network adapters are disabled after pressing"reset networks"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I can't install Network Driver after Network Reset

I can't install Network Driver after Network Reset: Help me. After i did a Network Reset, I cant install ethernet driver. I tried downloading from the manufacturer webstite, still the problem still occurs. Tried all of the possible fixes, yet Im still stuck trying to detect my Ethernet Cable. The cable is working an blinking....
  10. Missing network driver

Missing network driver: How can i reinstall a network driver for windows 10 IF ITS BEEN UNINSTALL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-network-driver/c7f653fd-1031-42f1-b3cc-b66dbb6b20ac