Windows 10: All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler

Discus and support All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro computer on work network. Just did a fresh install to W20H2 (was having issues before with network printers). Was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mwyattea, Nov 16, 2020.

1. All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler

Running Windows 10 Pro computer on work network. Just did a fresh install to W20H2 (was having issues before with network printers). Was working normally for a few days with network printers, now have situation where all printers are going offline. Only solution is to stop and start print spooler to get things running normally. Anyone else running into this issue?

submitted by /u/mwyattea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mwyattea, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Jacko28er Win User

Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Nov 16, 2020
  3. larrymcg Win User
    Print Spooler Running Constantly

Win10 v1903 with all updates. HP ENVY 6255 Printer - wireless access from 2 other PCs, wired access from this PC.
    There is a long story about why this PC is connected to the printer via USB rather than wireless. Don't really want to revisit that issue. It's here No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903 Closed 3 weeks ago.

Printer is working fine but today (10/29/19) the spooler (spoolsv.exe) decided to run all the time using 13% of the CPU (maybe other resources too but the CPU use is the biggie). I have stopped and restarted the spooler - no joy. I have rebooted the PC - no joy. I have applied the Reset and Clear Print Spooler (a tutorial on this site) - no joy.

Suggestions what to look for?

-- Larry

- - - Updated - - -

The constantly running print spooler is a pain. I have to stop it and then restart it whenever I want to print. Grrrr.......

larrymcg, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Matt.b483 Win User

All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler

Print spooler error

When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say
    printers because this is a common thing with all 4 brands of printers we have. Hp , cannon, brother, toshiba only 2 are wifi and computers are all hardwired into the network printers range from wifi to usb to ethernet connected. And every windows 10 pc will
    set the printers to offline and the only way to fix is resetting the print spooler service. I have updated all os's i have latest drivers for all printers. And not every computer will have an issue at the same time even the usb printers will say printer offline
    but in the device manager it will be listed. So the problem must be with the print spooler service and this annoying problem needs to be fixed because its wasting my time.

Matt.b483, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler

1. All network printers constantly going offline - fix if manually stop/start Print Spooler - Similar Threads - network printers constantly

2. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  3. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  4. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Network printer keeps going offline. Windows 10 printing troubleshooter always fixes it....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer keeps going offline. Windows 10 printing troubleshooter always fixes it....: I have a network printer. It all works fine for a day or two. Then Windows 10 thinks it is offline. If I run the printing troubleshooter, it works fine for a while not sure how long, then goes offline again and I have to run the troubleshooter. How do I make it stay online so...
  6. Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print

Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print: Hi I updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 through the Windows 10 October 2020 Update Assistant. Every since, whenever I go to print something, I find the printers are offline and won't print. The only way to get something to print is to go to Services and restart the Print...
  7. printer offline and print spooler errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printer offline and print spooler errors: recent updates have caused problems printing Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-and-print-spooler-errors/9af882cd-be99-4d89-95f6-d4ee3343da1b
  8. Network Printers going offline randomly

Network Printers going offline randomly: I am supporting an office of about 15 users. All the users upgraded or received new Windows 10 machines last year. All Dell. Late in the year, their network printers from the print server would display offline. Restarting the local print spooler fixes it, but it keeps...
  9. Print Spooler is constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Spooler is constantly crashing: Dear All, Since yesterday a client's PC has constantly had its print spooler constantly terminated unexpectedly with Error Code 7031. When checking the event viewer application and system section the below is being found: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have also tried to stopped...
  10. Print Spooler Running Constantly

Print Spooler Running Constantly: Win10 v1903 with all updates. HP ENVY 6255 Printer - wireless access from 2 other PCs, wired access from this PC. There is a long story about why this PC is connected to the printer via USB rather than wireless. Don't really want to revisit that issue. It's here No printer...