Windows 10: All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder"

Discus and support All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several home computers running Win10 that are networked (Cat 5 cable) and setup as the same "Workgroup". In my family room and bedroom the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryBumkin, Sep 6, 2017.

1. All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder"

I have several home computers running Win10 that are networked (Cat 5 cable) and setup as the same "Workgroup". In my family room and bedroom the computers are just just for HTPC use (to serve movies and watch recorded TV stored on the Server computer). This function works. I have no issues with BEDRM computer getting movies from the Server computer.

The problem is that all of the computers see each other and I can copy files back and forth, but the computer (called BEDRM) says "No Folder" when it's opened. When I open Folders on any other computer, go to Network, all of the computers in the Workgroup are listed, then I click on BEDRM and it opens but is empty. So I can't copy a file to it across the network.

At one point the BDRM computer (and others) first had a popup box for me to enter the Name and Password of the BDRM computer for me to access BEDRM computer from network. I did this and that where I am now - I can now open the BEDRM computer from another computer but there are no folders or such shown so I can't copy anything to it.

This is what I tried:
    1) I checked the Advanced Sharing settings on BEDRM and made sure it was set for Discovery and Sharing. The settings are the same on all my others computers.
    2) I checked file sharing settings on the BEDRM computer for "Downloads Folder" and it has the same permissions as the other computers.
    3) I did a Network Reset. That didn't help.
    4) I went into the AT&T DSL Router settings and assigned the computers fixed addresses. No change.

The BDRM computer is a new Win10 installation (upgraded from Win7 last weekend) and that's when the problem started. I used the same Computer and User names, and Password from the Win7 OS on the new Win10 install. Maybe this is what caused the problem.

What else can I do?

:)

CountryBumkin, Sep 6, 2017

2. Cannot connect to network in Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10.

Thank you. My two desktops and the TV are all connected by Ethernet to an ATT router/modem. I can access the internet on all devices in all browsers. After fiddling with it, the Windows 10 desktop now shows itself in Explorer under Network (and the TV),
    but still does not show the Linux computer. The Linux computer shows the Windows Network folder. Under that it shows a PC folder, and in that a variety of folders, including the Users folder, which contains the folder with my name but nothing in it. (I have
    marked that folder for sharing on the Windows computer.) It also has two folders called "Default" and "Default.Migrated," both empty. I tried updating the network adapter (Broadcom) and it said it was up to date.

antidisestablishmentarinism, Sep 6, 2017
  3. Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

Can you open the "network" folder on all computers and make sure none of them show a prompt about network discovery? It should show as a yellow toolbar strip at the top of the folder view.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 6, 2017
  4. All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder"

Also, one more piece of information.

On the BEDRM computer, if I click on Homegroup it says there is a Homegroup to join. It says the Homegroup is setup by computer "GA-68MX". This used to be the name I used for the Server computer, but that name is no longer used. I call the Server computer "SERVER" now. If I go to the Server computer, it says " there is no Homegroup" setup. So somewhere an old Homegroup setup is being saved. I don't know where to clear this (it can't be on the BEDRM computer because that is a new clean install).

Not sure if this is relevant or not the problem in my first post.
    But I would like to clear this "GA-68MX Homegroup setting" out as I hate loose ends. It must stored on the on the Server somewhere.

CountryBumkin, Sep 6, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    If its been upgraded is the share still set correct as permission could have changed you also need to check NTFS permission as that can stop it

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder"

1. All networked computers show, but on one computer it shows "No Folder" - Similar Threads - networked computers show

2. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  3. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...
  4. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another: why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-all-these-network-connections-show-up-on/4d0ca590-2214-4e98-ad2e-64f75cd5211f
  6. why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another

why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another: why does all these network connections show up on one computer and not another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-all-these-network-connections-show-up-on/4d0ca590-2214-4e98-ad2e-64f75cd5211f
  7. Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders

Network Computer Windows 10 Shows No Folders: A Dell laptop running Windows 10 is set up on my home network. It is seen by my Dell desktop in File Explorer under Network. When clicking on the icon for this computer, it goes to it but displays no folders. The really strange thing is that when looking at file explorer...
  8. Networking folder does not show the connected computers

Networking folder does not show the connected computers: Hi, I have connected 3 windows 10 via network, but the network folder does not show the connected computers. Here is what i see when I open the network Please let me know what settings to be done so i can enable file and printer sharing. The whose system of file and...
  9. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  10. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....