Windows 10: all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete.

Discus and support all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is in a folder, but all desktop icons are this way too???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RickCrandall1, Jul 5, 2020.

1. all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete.

This is in a folder, but all desktop icons are this way too???

:)

RickCrandall1, Jul 5, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jul 5, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

there was an option in xp , "apply to all folders" in tools / folder options . but the same option does not work in vista . so do i have to set each folders view properties individually ?

how do i make all icons in all folders appear as "Large Icons"

wolf2009, Jul 5, 2020
  4. all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete.

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete.

1. all of a sudden all my icons even in folders have a page symbol overlaid - how do I delete. - Similar Threads - sudden icons folders

2. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  3. I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with my overflow icons, the lagginess of my laptop all of a sudden, and...: I removed the icon for one of my graphics cards Nvidia Geforce MX150 from the overflow area by accident and now I don't know how to get it back. The icon is that grey square just in case you don't know what I'm talking about. The grey square with little black dots is the icon...
  4. All my folders have suddenly become read only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders have suddenly become read only.: Hello! I was working on my laptop today and I couldn't create folders to save my files in. It was working fine a few days ago. Although I noticed the problem today. I looked on the internet and I saw sites telling me to scan for corrupted files through CMD. However CMD told...
  5. All my folders have suddenly become read only.

All my folders have suddenly become read only.: Hello! I was working on my laptop today and I couldn't create folders to save my files in. It was working fine a few days ago. Although I noticed the problem today. I looked on the internet and I saw sites telling me to scan for corrupted files through CMD. However CMD told...
  6. How do I delete all of my deleted e-mails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete all of my deleted e-mails?: How do I delete all of my deleted e-mails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-all-of-my-deleted-e-mails/8743a9ef-771c-4aa6-bcec-0ea7467f03fe"
  7. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...
  8. I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not see all the icons I have in my desktop: I have Windows 10 but I need help. I want to see the task bar with File, Print, Save etc as I have before. Also I can not see the icons I have in my desktop I need a place where I can find information to understand better Windows 10...
  9. All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page

All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page: All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page thus I am not able to click even buttons like Accept, Next, Finish, Print etc which are overlapping the taskbar and even I am not able to reach below for cross arrows to pull the windows above. Though with...
  10. All my folders and files are suddenly deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    All my folders and files are suddenly deleted: Those files that got deleted were so important especially for my sister , please guys, help me , im literally crying for hours searching for the solution. I shutted down my laptop early this morning after installing programs (Utility Programs) which i know does not affect or...