Windows 10: All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep

Discus and support All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I usually use Fn+F1 to put Windows 10 to sleep, but I was in a program that I normally use Alt+F1 in and it put Windows to sleep! It's never done that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mgregory22, Sep 4, 2019.

1. All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep

I usually use Fn+F1 to put Windows 10 to sleep, but I was in a program that I normally use Alt+F1 in and it put Windows to sleep! It's never done that before and I don't know why.

Can anyone help me restore Alt+F1 to just do nothing, except in programs where it's used?

:)

mgregory22, Sep 4, 2019
  2. heidi49 Win User

PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's turned off instead of asleep.

heidi49, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    after putting my desktop to sleep the mouse and keyboard are no longer active

Hi Cal,

Outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your mouse and keyboard is not working after putting your desktop from sleep. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check for the latest update for the drivers.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep

Windows 10 putting laptop to sleep too frequently

Hi Ian,

Kindly provide us the following information to better assist you:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any changes prior to the concern?
    • Does the issue happens only in battery mode or even if it's plugged in?
    In the mean time, access Power & sleep and check if settings are correct. To access
    Power & sleep, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select System.
    • Choose Power & sleep.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep

1. All of a sudden Alt+F1 is putting Windows to sleep - Similar Threads - sudden Alt+F1 putting

2. My control , alt and f1 until f12 are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My control , alt and f1 until f12 are not working: Before that i had an issue that my keyboard was spamming keys so i fixed by doing REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode map" /FREG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoWinKeys" /FAfter than i...
  3. My control , alt and f1 until f12 are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My control , alt and f1 until f12 are not working: Before that i had an issue that my keyboard was spamming keys so i fixed by doing REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode map" /FREG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoWinKeys" /FAfter than i...
  4. My control , alt and f1 until f12 are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt+tab doesn't work all of the sudden!: Hey, alt+tab stopped working. I can alt+tab outside of a game, but I can't alt+tab back. Also when I click on panel it doesn't alt+tab back, game is responding tho - I mean in task manager. Same happens even for some 2d programs. I can't bring it up by alt+tab, or clicking on...
  6. Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insert key puts pc to sleep and wakes it up all of the sudden?: INSERT key on keyboard puts PC to sleep and wakes it up, Never use to be like this and It's kind of annoying, how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-key-puts-pc-to-sleep-and-wakes-it-up-all-of/067378a2-282b-4f7c-80ed-9c4d3942195c
  7. Fn+F1,F2,F3,F4,F9,F10,F11,F12 are all putting my laptop to sleep! What the hey diddle is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fn+F1,F2,F3,F4,F9,F10,F11,F12 are all putting my laptop to sleep! What the hey diddle is...: Its a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, 3rd Gen, running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909. I'm using a USB keyboard, the inbuilt keyboard is unplugged internally as it needs to be replaced. What is going on and how do I stop it? Very strangely my screen settings automatically...
  8. PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.: This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's turned off instead of asleep....
  9. Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to

Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to: I am running Win10 (and have been since I bought this machine back in September), currently up-to-date with the last system & drivers updates on April 2nd (1 week ago) and the last Win Defender definitions update on 4/8 (yesterday, technically). My laptop was working just...
  10. All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    All of a sudden control alt delete doesn't work ?: Any idea what causes this ? Really strange . Works for a while then all of a sudden I get the message stating it doesn't work and hit escape ? 5810

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alt f1 in win10

2. what to do if moniter sleeps when i press alt f1