Windows 10: All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE

Discus and support All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hey guys, i used to open several IE screens together, this is no longer possible. What can be done is open a new session via file and then New... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jeffrys, Aug 11, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE

hey guys,

i used to open several IE screens together, this is no longer possible.

What can be done is open a new session via file and then New Window or New Session, but it was easier to open other IE screens via the right mouse click.

I can go the the Start Screen and click on IE there and then it opens also.

I have the same problem with File Explorer which is very strange, here also it can be opened via Start.

Another problem, when i want to open Oulook 2013 sometimes this is impossible, even when doing so via Start.

Have to sign-off and sign-on again then. Using another mouse gives the same result

Any ideas?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Aug 11, 2015

2. IE 11 Would not start any longer all of a sudden. Edge still works

Since Trusteer only installed itself on my computer yesterday... i Assume that is the latest level ? I will wait a couple of weeks before trying it again. By the way I am Windows 10 not 8.1

PeterOn Hotmail, Aug 11, 2015
  3. IE 11 Would not start any longer all of a sudden. Edge still works

There have been reports, yesterday and today, that the latest version of Rapport will not cause this problem with Internet Explorer.

Try reinstalling Rapport.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 11, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

hey guys,

other problem:

I thought the Outlook problem was a Office 2016 problem, but another computer with Office 2007 has the same problem. One has to signoff and signon to make it work again.

Very strange

Jeff

jeffrys, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. All of a sudden can no longer open a 2d IE - Similar Threads - sudden longer open

2. BT no longer working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT no longer working all of a sudden: HP Pavillion 15 laptop, had it for about a week now. I was using BT headphones until a few days ago. Now the BT toggle doesn't show in action center. In device manager, the Realtek Bluetooth 5 Adapter says: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....
  3. All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly: I am not sure if this is the right subreddit, but I was hoping I could find someone who had similar problems and solved them. I own a Lenovo gaming laptop, it runs on Windows 10 Pro, and I use my Samsung headphones on it. I've always done it, mostly because I am too lazy to...
  4. Can not open JPGs out of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not open JPGs out of a sudden: when I try to open JPGs the following error message appears : File system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpgs-out-of-a-sudden/c539bfce-0583-40d6-b8d6-36fe76e8b7c8
  5. The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works: Today, I woke my computer out of sleep mode, and for some reason the slideshow option for my lock screen background has just quit working on me. This has happened all of the sudden too, as I have not installed or uninstalled any windows updates, PC manufacturer updates, or...
  6. File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File System Error (-2147163901) All Windows apps can no longer be opened: After this file system error (-2147163901) with Windows 10, all Windows apps can no longer be opened. So no photo, post or Skype etc. Even deleting and re-downloading the apps is unsuccessful. Also the steps: PowerShell as an administrator Dism / Online / Cleanup Image /...
  7. Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Facebook/Instagram on FireFox while IE can: Started to happen almost month ago, drives me crazy. Firefox can't connect to any facebook server website like facebook.com, instagram.com, oculus etc. Activating vpn addon, like Browsec, allows me to connect to those websites. Internet Explorer open them fine. Other pc in...
  8. Yahoo no longer supports IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo no longer supports IE 11: Noticed on my laptop (first one I updated to the Anniversary update) my email is set to "basic" with no extra's or other bells and whistles and can't be changed. When I open it from my browser it comes up with a message that I need to run a supported browser. I clicked on the...
  9. IE 11 will not open live.com

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 will not open live.com: Continually says something went wrong and won't log me in on the site. I have put it in compatibility mode and no go. Tried disabling all the add-ons and no go. Tried "Run as Administrator" and no good. Google Chrome it works 100%, Edge works 100% just won't work with IE11...
  10. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...