Windows 10: All of a sudden I cannot edit, crop etc in Photos. I'm using Windows 10

Discus and support All of a sudden I cannot edit, crop etc in Photos. I'm using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden I can not edit or crop any of my photos. I was able to just a few weeks ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EJJ0829, Aug 14, 2021.

1. EJJ0829 Win User

All of a sudden I cannot edit, crop etc in Photos. I'm using Windows 10

All of a sudden I can not edit or crop any of my photos. I was able to just a few weeks ago.

:)

EJJ0829, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Crop Function Greyed out

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually when you preview a picture that was captured from camera app, it should open in the photos app where you can edit/crop it. I would suggest you to try editing/cropping the photos in
    Photos app.
    As you mentioned that issue occurred after the update, I would suggest follow the steps provided below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Please follow the steps provided in the article: Fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store

Method 2: Reinstall the app using PowerShell.

1. Open PowerShell and run it as admin. To open PowerShell, right click on the start button and then on Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsCamera | Remove-AppxPackage.

3. Reboot your computer.
    4. Open PowerShell again and then type: Reinstalling apps:
      Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Crop tool Photos App not working

Thank you for the information.

To help us isolate this further, kindly provide us the following information.

• What changes have you made prior to this issue?
    • To which program are you exactly using the crop tool? Photos App or Office 2016?
    • You mentioned crop tool is not working properly when Photos App is used. Have you tried to close it, and check if the issue persists?

If you are only experiencing the issue with Office 2016, kindly run the repair Office application by referring to the steps listed on this

link

However, if you are encountering it with Photos App only, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps through this

link

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Kylan Win User

Photos app - cropping is choppy

This is a problem that I've had with my Windows 10 machine ever since I built it, even after I've changed motherboards and graphics cards, so I'm really stumped as to what's causing it.

When I click on any photo to edit it in the default Windows 10 photos app, cropping the photo (by clicking Edit & Create --> Edit) and then dragging the selected area, it crops in an extremely "choppy" manner, it never drags smoothly. I can drag the cursor nearly to the other end of the screen and the crop doesn't "catch up" for a few seconds. Why is there so much lag?

I thought maybe this was simply how this app behaved, but I was able to use another computer with Windows 10 and tested it on that one, and the cropping is very smooth and how I imagine it should be. Why is it so choppy on mine? I am using a 4K screen and the other computer I tested it on is a 1080p monitor, so I'm not sure if that could be the culprit.

Kylan, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. All of a sudden I cannot edit, crop etc in Photos. I'm using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sudden cannot edit

2. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  3. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  4. Photos Crop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Crop: Something is wrong when I crop my photos. When I tried to crop a second time, it won't work. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-crop/419ce4f4-8890-4faa-b9e4-f2b9ca7ee617
  5. photos cropping

in Windows 10 Customization
    photos cropping: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name? Example - I scan an entire page from a...
  6. Photos crop save as

Photos crop save as: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name?...
  7. Why can't I crop pictures and add filters all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I crop pictures and add filters all of a sudden?: So I'm making a Gacha Skit, and I needed to crop a picture and add a filter on it. I did that, and when I clicked "Save a copy" It showed up with an error message that read "Oops! We couldn't save that one." I tried it with a few more pictures in case the error message only...
  8. Trouble Cropping Photos In Windows Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble Cropping Photos In Windows Photos?: I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I open a photo in Windows built in photo viewer, I crop the photo, hit save, and nothing happens. Sometimes it takes me doing it 3-4 times before it actually saves. I've been having this problem as long as I can remember....
  9. Cropping and saving photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cropping and saving photos: Hi I cannot save a copy of photos after cropping them. Have clicked on done. Will not do anything when click on save or save a copy [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/cropping-and-saving-photos/8047c1e2-cf1a-4341-9d53-445b40021894
  10. Photo cropping

Photo cropping: For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it didn't leave bits all over afterwards. I have just installed Photofiltre onto my new W10 pc and although it shows in my new...