Windows 10: All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed?

Discus and support All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within the last week I am having trouble downloading and saving PDF documents. I also can't save anything else without a long wait. There is about a 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShirleyJeane, Feb 14, 2019.

1. All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed?

Within the last week I am having trouble downloading and saving PDF documents. I also can't save anything else without a long wait. There is about a 6 to 7 minute period (or longer) where I only see a circling icon. If I look at the download list, it's empty. I found some cryptic download place (something to do with Edge I think). But could not get something saved from there either. I also can't save or save-as documents that I scan in or want to save at a different location without encountering the same problem. File Explorer acts the same way. Internet Explorer never reaches a web site. It just sits there with the circling icon. I can't get out of it either without going to the Task Manager and stopping the program. Does anyone know what is going on? All this started after recent updates.

:)

ShirleyJeane, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed?

PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed?

1. All of a sudden it takes 6 to 7 minutes to save a file. Why? How can this be fixed? - Similar Threads - sudden takes minutes

2. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  3. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  4. Sends a 6-digit code instead of 7 digits. How can I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sends a 6-digit code instead of 7 digits. How can I fix?: Help 6 digit code instead of 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sends-a-6-digit-code-instead-of-7-digits-how-can-i/5667ff8f-1c80-4b07-96bf-5551a558744c
  5. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.: Dell Win10 Desktop Inspiron 5675 AMD Ryzen7 64 bit DDR5 16GB Video Radeon 580. What can I do to speed start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-computed-takes-forever-to-start/d6a0eebd-c114-4f44-b164-1296ddab8b94
  6. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.: Dell Win10 Desktop Inspiron 5675 AMD Ryzen7 64 bit DDR5 16GB Video Radeon 580. What can I do to speed start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-my-computed-takes-forever-to-start/d6a0eebd-c114-4f44-b164-1296ddab8b94
  7. All of a sudden my computed takes forever to start. It can take up to five minutes.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. After Latest Windows update Paint and Photoshop take around 6-7 minutes to open

After Latest Windows update Paint and Photoshop take around 6-7 minutes to open: So I updated Windows 10 a few days ago and after doing so I noticed this, all the other programs seem to work just fine, but these two in particular take way too long to boot up....
  9. After Latest Windows update Paint and Photoshop take around 6-7 minutes to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Latest Windows update Paint and Photoshop take around 6-7 minutes to open: So I updated Windows 10 a few days ago and after doing so I noticed this, all the other programs seem to work just fine, but these two in particular take way too long to boot up....
  10. After Latest Windows update Paint and Photoshop take around 6-7 minutes to open

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my win10 pc takes a few minutes to save a word 2013 document