Windows 10: All of a sudden my laptop will not charge

Discus and support All of a sudden my laptop will not charge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus Q325ua (zenbook flip s) that is just over a year old. I have never had any issues with this machine. Today, however, when I turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DwayneThomson, Jan 25, 2019.

1. All of a sudden my laptop will not charge

I have an Asus Q325ua (zenbook flip s) that is just over a year old. I have never had any issues with this machine.

Today, however, when I turned it on in the morning, I realized something was quite wrong: the speakers did not work, and keyboard lights flashed on and off incessantly, and worst of all, I was unable to charge the device.

Removing and reinstalling my audio drivers repaired the speaker issue, and 2 more restarts finally returned keyboard backlight to its normal state. However, I am still unable to charge the device.

plugging it in results in the "plugged in, not charging" or "plugged in, discharging" messages from the machines' toolbar.

I deleted and reinstalled the battery devices from device manager. this didn't help.

What's confusing me is how this result from any gradual decline in performance on the part of my laptop - I just turned it on today and everything was destroyed. What can I do to troubleshoot / repair a device. partway through the day I was able to get it to go from 3% to 66% battery, but it peaked right there and has been declining ever since. When I plug it in it charges for about a minute, then it stops completely and just runs the battery out.

Thanks!

:)

DwayneThomson, Jan 25, 2019

2. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Graydrake Win User
    My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jan 25, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

All of a sudden my laptop will not charge

n-ster, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

All of a sudden my laptop will not charge

1. All of a sudden my laptop will not charge - Similar Threads - sudden laptop charge

2. my new laptop all of a sudden crashes and is slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new laptop all of a sudden crashes and is slow: I have only had this laptop a few months and it has been running well, loaded photoshop, steam all the apps that can often take time to load in seconds and while i was gaming the other day and i may have accidently left my laptop running for a few hours as well, it was...
  3. My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.: I was using my laptop, I started seeing that my laptop is lagging, opening simple apps such as Settings take about 10 seconds, Even while gaming I started to realize that I'm lagging and I have bad performance, I've done everything i could, my laptop is called ThinkPad e15 My...
  4. My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.: I was using my laptop, I started seeing that my laptop is lagging, opening simple apps such as Settings take about 10 seconds, Even while gaming I started to realize that I'm lagging and I have bad performance, I've done everything i could, my laptop is called ThinkPad e15 My...
  5. My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop is lagging all of a sudden

Laptop is lagging all of a sudden: I opened started the laptop and it was lagging a lot, even simple tasks like open task manager were taking more than 20 seconds. I thought it was the hard disk or the CPU, but nothing was wrong with them. I was starting to think it was a virus or a trojan, but the antivirus...
  7. My Laptop Freezes All of Sudden

My Laptop Freezes All of Sudden: My laptop often freezes all of sudden when I am doing something and Ctrl + Alt + Del wouldn't work so I had to turn it off using the power button. This already happened 3-4 times, altough the laptop is relatively new. This is my first time using windows 10, I am not sure...
  8. My laptop often freezes all of sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop often freezes all of sudden: This is my first time using windows10 and the laptop is relatively new, but my laptop often freezes all of sudden when I'm doing something. Even pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del wouldn't work at all. So I have to turn it off using the power button. I'm not sure is this the problem...
  9. My laptop is all of the sudden much slower than usual, it's charging and is still under...

My laptop is all of the sudden much slower than usual, it's charging and is still under...: My laptop has a slated top speed of 3.0GhZ and is usually at 2.6, but for some reason it can only go to about 1.4 now. My GPU is also a lot slower than usual. I don't believe it is because of overheating because I had left it off overnight and am just now using it. Any ideas?...
  10. Battery will not charge at all on Laptop

Battery will not charge at all on Laptop: This is for HP Laptop 15-bwOxx, and can't seem to find a replacement to buy. Can anyone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-will-not-charge-at-all-on-laptop/0eb112db-6878-4ad3-902c-947a694403aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont charge all of a sudden