Windows 10: All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

Discus and support All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is the right subreddit, but I was hoping I could find someone who had similar problems and solved them. I own a Lenovo gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ivappa, Jun 3, 2020.

1. /u/ivappa Win User

All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

I am not sure if this is the right subreddit, but I was hoping I could find someone who had similar problems and solved them.

I own a Lenovo gaming laptop, it runs on Windows 10 Pro, and I use my Samsung headphones on it. I've always done it, mostly because I am too lazy to search for actual headsets. These headphones have always done their job.

This night I joined a conversationn on Discord, but it wasn't detecting any input from my headphones. An hour earlier I had another conversation where everything was normal. I tried recording my voice with Whatsapp Web, and all I could hear was VERY vague sounds. My headphones' mic works properly on my phone, but no on my laptop. I tried updating drivers, but it says there's nothing more to update.

I alao tried using the laptop's mic, but it has the same problems.

What could be causing this?

submitted by /u/ivappa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ivappa, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2020
  4. All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

1. All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly - Similar Threads - sudden microphone longer

2. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  3. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  4. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  5. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  6. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  7. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working properly: When I am on a call, and some audio is playing on my device in the background, the other side is able to hear the background sound. My PC doesn't cancel that voice.Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. My microphone is all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone is all of a sudden not working: Ever since I've gotten hit with the "Conexant Audio" stuff i managed to install the default Corsair Drivers for my headset But now my mic Is not working, Instead i get some buzzing/static in my left ear when i have my mic plugged in, not 100% of the time but whenever i try...
  9. Microphone is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not working properly: I can't hear anyone chat or voice I think my microphone is not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-properly/bbe3805d-db3e-48f8-9a16-8585362f005f
  10. BT no longer working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT no longer working all of a sudden: HP Pavillion 15 laptop, had it for about a week now. I was using BT headphones until a few days ago. Now the BT toggle doesn't show in action center. In device manager, the Realtek Bluetooth 5 Adapter says: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....