Windows 10: All of a sudden, my Windows 10 education is not activated

Discus and support All of a sudden, my Windows 10 education is not activated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my laptop through my school, so I don't know how they installed windows on it. I've had it for 5 years and all of a sudden I started receiving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sbar_282, Aug 21, 2020.

1. sbar_282 Win User

All of a sudden, my Windows 10 education is not activated

I bought my laptop through my school, so I don't know how they installed windows on it. I've had it for 5 years and all of a sudden I started receiving very frequent notifications that Windows isn't activated. I've now got a watermark telling me to activate Windows.

I found my product key through the command prompt, pressed "change product key" and typed it in and got this error:

You are running Windows 10 Education. The product key you entered cannot be used to activate this edition. Error Code: 0xc004f210.

This is really annoying me and I don't know what to do. I can't find any solutions online.

All of a sudden, my Windows 10 education is not activated 30053a5c-ac50-4c5c-9fe9-817f64671941?upload=true.png

:)

sbar_282, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Teo Dida Win User

Activating WINDOWS 10 Education

Does it matter that this article is about Windows 10 Pro or do I have to follow the same steps to activate windows education on Windows 10 Home?Thanks a lot

Teo Dida, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Irisdiel H, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Thema:

1. All of a sudden, my Windows 10 education is not activated - Similar Threads - sudden education activated

2. Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?: A few months ago I built my own PC. But now I found out that I have a free windows 10 education key from my school. I currently use windows 10 pro trial edition, and have already downloaded a lot of games and apps. Will all my data be deleted if I activate the key?Thanks....
  3. Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?: A few months ago I built my own PC. But now I found out that I have a free windows 10 education key from my school. I currently use windows 10 pro trial edition, and have already downloaded a lot of games and apps. Will all my data be deleted if I activate the key?Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 Education is not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education is not activating: Hi! I am having an issue with my laptop where Windows 10 Education will not activate. Using slmgr.vbs I am able to get the following error message. "Error: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked"I am unable to change my product key as...
  5. Windows 10 Education is not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Education is not activating: Hi! I am having an issue with my laptop where Windows 10 Education will not activate. Using slmgr.vbs I am able to get the following error message. "Error: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked"I am unable to change my product key as...
  6. Windows 10 Education is not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Activating Windows 10 Education

Activating Windows 10 Education: Hi,So my university offers students Windows 10 Education for free. I tried to upgrade my windows from the current one to Windows 10 Education by clicking the "change product key". After I enter, it went to preparing and such, and it says "make sure you're connected to...
  8. Windows needs to activate all of the sudden.

Windows needs to activate all of the sudden.: 3 years ago I bought a 3rd party pre built pc and it was running fine. yesterday I put in a new motherboard and now it is asking for me to activate windows and I don't have a product key. What should I do?...
  9. Activation of Windows 10 education

Activation of Windows 10 education: product key for windows 10 education with product id 00328-00252-52354-AA023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-education/18409e39-9000-49b6-97b0-a98da302669a"
  10. Activating WINDOWS 10 Education

Activating WINDOWS 10 Education: I recently got a new PC and installed Windows 10 home 64 bit version but without an activation code but my university provided us with the education version and I want to know if I can activate windows 10 education on my windows 10 home PC...