Windows 10: All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...

Discus and support All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The was a message on the screen it had the WINDOW LOGO AND IT SAID SYSTEM WARNING! Your windows system is damageid Windows version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LYNNETTESHUREB, Nov 27, 2018.

1. All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...

The was a message on the screen it had the WINDOW LOGO AND IT SAID
    SYSTEM WARNING!

Your windows system is damageid

Windows version: Windows 10

Please not: Windows security has detected that the system is corrupted and outdated.

All system files will be deleted after: 0 seconds

Important: Click on the "update" button to install the latest software to scan and

prevent your files from being deleted.

I am typing NOW ON MY VERY OLD WINDOWS 7 I HAVEN'T USED IN A YEAR OR MORE. ISTHE IS VIRUS?

MY SON-IN-LAW SAID TO TURN THE COMPUTER OFF IT WOULD NOT RESPOND OR WHEN I TRIES CONTROL ALT DELETE THAT DID NOT RESPOND ALL THE TIME THIS EXTREME LOUD SIREN NOISE IS EXCRICIATING.

I AM 70 YEARS OLD AND SELF TAUGHT ON COMPUTERS. MY EYESIGHT IS NOT THE BEST AND I AM A HORRIBLE TYPIST SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I AM YELLING BECAUSE I AM TYPING IN CAPS. I AM NOT AN I AM ALSO PART OF THE WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM AND I DON'T REMEMBER HOW OR WHY I EVEN AM IN THAT? I HAVE ANOTHER UPDATE DUE THAT I PAUSED.
    I USED TO HAVE PAID FOR TECH SUPPORT BUT IT EXPIRED. MY DAUGHTER BOUGHT ME THIS ACE COMPUTER AFTER MY APARTMENT WAS ROBBED AND MY NEW COMPUTER WAS STOLEN. SHE BOUGHT IT AT THE MICROSOFT STORE IN PORTLAND.

:)

LYNNETTESHUREB, Nov 27, 2018

2. Sudden shut down Asus G750JX

Sudden shut downs can be caused by many things (that's why it is hard to troubleshooting) and overheating is one of the most common causes, so it is often suggested.

But note while you were only entering text in Facebook is not normally a taxing task, if your CPU fan suddenly stopped, or your CPU's heatsink if caked with heat trapping dust, then simply entering text in Facebook could cause your CPU to overheat.

Do you monitor your temps? Is your case interior clean of heat trapping dust (as much as possible with a notebook)? Is your CPU fan spinning?

Other causes of sudden shutdowns can be a failing power supply, failing battery (for notebooks), RAM, CPU or motherboard failure.

Bill_Bright, Nov 28, 2018
  3. why is gpu-z doing this all the sudden?

heres a screen shot, it was working then all the sudden when I click on it this is what happens??

philbrown23, Nov 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...

Sudden shut down Asus G750JX

I dusted out the airvents with an air compressor about a week ago, my CPU temp is 35~40 when typing this, and GPU temp around 43, both fans for CPU and GPU are spinning. I have my laptop always connected to the wall, but I leave the battery in.
    The power brick is just warm, not hot in any way.

Me thinks if you have a RAM, CPU or motherboard failure causing a BSOD, wchich I did not get.

P4-630, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This...

1. All of a sudden tonight I was on facebook then I clicked on a link and all of a sudden This... - Similar Threads - sudden tonight was

2. Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...: What does "...invalid access to memory location" mean? It just suddenly started showing up when I click a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-when-i-attempt-to-follow-a-link-by/b277335d-cd11-45d9-909c-2211b80c1f38
  3. Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly, when I attempt to follow a link by clicking on the link I get a message...: What does "...invalid access to memory location" mean? It just suddenly started showing up when I click a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-when-i-attempt-to-follow-a-link-by/b277335d-cd11-45d9-909c-2211b80c1f38
  4. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe: I bought a new set of RAM about 3 months ago, since I kept getting BSODs relating to my RAM back then, but now I am having these other BSODs that also seem to relate to RAM. I'd like to think that I am missing something here since I doubt I managed to run through 2 different...
  5. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe: I bought a new set of RAM about 3 months ago, since I kept getting BSODs relating to my RAM back then, but now I am having these other BSODs that also seem to relate to RAM. I'd like to think that I am missing something here since I doubt I managed to run through 2 different...
  6. Multiple BSODs all of a sudden, all linking back to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. All of a sudden I cannot copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden I cannot copy.: I can highlight what I want, but then the highlight disappears when I hit copy. Same for three browsers and Word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-i-cannot-copy/a684998c-d90d-4c17-a110-b4627b52f10a
  8. All of a sudden I cannot copy.

All of a sudden I cannot copy.: I can highlight what I want, but then the highlight disappears when I hit copy. Same for three browsers and Word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-a-sudden-i-cannot-copy/a684998c-d90d-4c17-a110-b4627b52f10a
  9. Sudden BSOD crashes all linked to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden BSOD crashes all linked to ntoskrnl.exe: So I come straight to the topic. I have sudden Bluescreen crashes which are all linked to ntoskrnl.exe Here are the things I tried to do: 1. I updated all drivers 2. I ran a memtest: no errors 3. I checked system32 for corrupted files 4. I replaced my old RAM with new...
  10. Left click won't open folders all of a sudden...

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click won't open folders all of a sudden...: Yesterday, out of the blue, I was no longer able to left click on a folder to open it. If I right click and then choose open, it will open. I get the error message: [img] I have not made any changes lately and I don't know what could cause this as I have never...