Windows 10: All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

Discus and support All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by llanita, Apr 10, 2019.

1. llanita Win User

All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz.
    However it still asks for it.
    I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time.

Please help if you can
    Thanks

:)

llanita, Apr 10, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup - Similar Threads - sudden asks password

2. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  3. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  4. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  5. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  6. Apps startup with windows all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps startup with windows all of a sudden: Hello, A few days ago programs started to launch up with windows without me choosing so. When I looked at the start-up section in the task manager they don't appear there and in the program settings I can't find anything. The most problematic are Chrome (which also opens...
  7. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  9. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden: I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all of a sudden cant save passwords

2. would windows 10 all of a sudden ask you to create a password for your computer

3. windows ask for password on start up