Windows 10: All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch

Discus and support All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just updated my windows 10 to the latest and I found out that my microsoft store was failed to launch. I tried to troubleshoot but no result from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ami18WG, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ami18WG Win User

All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch

I just updated my windows 10 to the latest and I found out that my microsoft store was failed to launch. I tried to troubleshoot but no result from that. after that I reset the app, and restart my computer but still no luck. After that, I checked the other built in apps like calculator, alarm and clock, camera, etc. and it behaved the same. I was really confused. I tried re-install the apps using powershell following this instruction: microsoft apps failed to launch. but it is still the same. What is the best way to solve this problem?

please help me, thank you very much.

:)

ami18WG, Feb 15, 2020

2. Applications failed to launch

Since you are still having challenges with the applications on your Windows 10 computer failing to launch, we suggest that you reset the
    Windows Store cache on your computer. Below are the steps on how to do so:

1. Click on the Start button.

2. In the Search box, type Run and press
    Enter

3. In the Run command, type wsreset.exe and press
    Enter.

4. Reboot your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Freddrick Pal, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 15, 2020
  4. All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch

Can't launch any applications

Hi,

This error message will show if the application or program that you are trying to open was been blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen. Having said that, we suggest that you disable Windows Defender SmartScreen by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on App & browser control.
    • Click on Off in the following options:
      • Check apps and files.
      • SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge.
      • SmartScreen for Windows Store apps.
    • SmartScreen is now completely disabled. If you'd like to still receive a warning when a potentially malicious file or program is detected, you can choose Warn in each SmartScreen option.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch

1. All of Microsoft Built-in applications failed to launch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Built applications

2. Microsoft Store application launches blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store application launches blank.: Hi, I am an application developer. I create and distribute desktop applications for Windows using a GUI library called Kivy in Python.I recently published my MSIX application to the Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Store application launches blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store application launches blank.: Hi, I am an application developer. I create and distribute desktop applications for Windows using a GUI library called Kivy in Python.I recently published my MSIX application to the Microsoft...
  4. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  5. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.

UWP Windows applications won't launch at all.: I've been trying to get Windows apps to work for couple months now. I have tried everything, and nothing worked. When I try to load a UWP app it does nothing. It doesn't even show an error. This is what I have tried:1. sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Microsoft Store Not launching at All

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not launching at All: Hey guys it's me again,I've got an other problem ahah and it's about Microsoft Store. I've received my computer this Tuesday and started using it. It's now able to dualboot with kubuntu etc.. But now that i want to dl smth on Microsft Store, it won't let me open it, Xbox and...
  8. some application won't launch at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some application won't launch at all: i have a problem where some of my application like malwarebyte won't open it would open then closes itself without any error message this included msconfig and attempting to run setup to reset the pc will crash the setup app running sfc and dism says everyyhing is fine and...
  9. Built-in apps fail to launch

Built-in apps fail to launch: Not sure which forum to post this in -- since it has to do with apps, trying here. I'm at my wits end with my new Windows 10 laptop! The built-in apps (e.g., Connect, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, Movies & TV) show splash screens and then disappear after a couple seconds....
  10. Microsoft Edge, store and all windows built in applications not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge, store and all windows built in applications not working.: Hi, I am using Windows 10 pro. The issue is I am unable to use windows store, microsoft edge and all built in windows apps including cortana. It seems none of these apps have internet connection. However, I am connected to the wireless internet through wifi with a ADSL...